Chapter VI

Hey guys! I'm really sorry but the updates are going to be a bit slow for a little while since I'm in completely different country and I need to settle down for my college to begin and all. I hope you all undertand :)

Chapter VI

Life is an amazing thing. You have absolutely no idea when there could be a plot twist it throws yours way. It's like it loves seeing us dumbfounded and contemplating what in the world was ever done wrong by us.

Of course then there is the previous life to blame it on. For example, if a good thing happens, you always wonder if you had saved the world in your previous life while if the opposite occurs, you curse it out, blaming it on who you were and what you did in your past life.

Imagine the plot twist in my life when- for the first time in my life- I was almost on the verge of getting heavily fined for something I had no intention of doing.

Let's rewind a bit for more clarity.

I was peacefully on the verge of getting sleep after so many thrilling and unexpected hours when  loud siren echoed through the air, destroying my sleep. Trying to shut out the noise of the sirens, I covered myself in the white bed sheet that was lying next to my sleeping bag. I covered my head too, pressing the sheets to my ears to escape the obnoxious sound.

Well, little did I know that I the sheet had covered me fully. So imagine my surprise when I heard loud footsteps creaking through the unstable wooden flooring, making me bolt up in surprise.

But as I bolted up, I was still covered in the white sheet. I don't exactly know what happened but  when someone let out a startling shriek, thinking that it was something scary, I shrieked as a reflex, unknowingly scaring the shit out of a couple of police officers.

Which is why, when they realised that I was just a normal human being, the male officer who had shrieked first, almost charged me a fine of $500 for I don't even know what. According to him, it was for trespassing and another thing I can't remember but even a commoner like me knows that this was fishy.

This property wasn't owned by the government and the owner had given full permission for people to explore the house, stay in it or do whatever except for any destruction of the property. Destruction of the property would be liable for penalty. These instructions were clearly written on the board outside the house.

But luckily, I was saved from the whole paying for penalty and an escort to the police station (much to my embarrassment) by Mr. Gilbert, who had come down upon hearing the commotion. He told the officer that he had taken special permission for the shoot and that I was one of his crew member.

As much as I resembled the tomato, I couldn't help but feel a little pride swell in me as he called me his crew member, even if it wasn't really true. 

Though that pride was short lived since everything went back to the way it was, meaning that I was left on the ground floor while everyone else started wrapping up the shoot as now they were changing the location due to the revelation of the place of shooting.

Apparently the police weren't the only ones who found out about the shooting. The local reporters had followed the police, therefore finding out the location of the shoot. Mr. Gilbert didn't want more media attention or fangirls crowding the shooting area, so he was going to move the location where the rest of the shooting would continue.

Adding to the headache, the media had been pestering Mr. Gilbert to organise a few public appearances of the cast members for the local people to enjoy. He was clearly annoyed but he had no choice but to oblige since he was already using the public places for his movie and he kind of owed it to his audience.