Attention Starved! Sherlock Holmes X Male! Reader (Lemon/Smut)

Start from the beginning

I soon found myself in a vet clinic about three blocks from our home. What was I going to do? Leave the kitten in the box? Hell no! The check-up went great and found out that the kitten is a girl and promptly named her Sherly, as she fought back against the doctor and hissed more than necessary and totally didn't remind me of my husband. With a A+ on health and tick free and a small bag of food and a box for her use, Sherly was placed in my jacket to warm her up as we then made our to her new home. I talked to her on the way, looking like I was absolutely mad, and entered into the wonderful abode that my husband totally didn't blackmail to get, or at least that's what he says.

"You're finally home," He stood in the entryway looking like he was about to leave, and confirmed when he kept talking, "I thought you were about to be my next case. You do know that there is still that serial killer out and about."

"Yes, darling, as you tell me every time I walk to work." I laugh, but was cut off by a soft and gentle meow originating from my chest. Sherlock looked less than impressed as I placed down my bag and pulled out Sherly.

"No," Was all he said as he met eyes with her

"Her name is Sherly, and she's going to stay with us for a little bit." Knowing that if he got attached she'll never leave, but I want him to think that she's only here for a minor amount of time.

"Do you have any idea the diseases that it could have?"

"She doesn't have anything. I took her to the clinic three blocks from here and had her checked as I knew that's how you were going to react."

With reluctance, he allowed me to put Sherly down and let her wander. He followed her like an overprotective parent, or more like a man waiting for her to do something wrong and wanting to catch her in the act.

The first week with Sherly was stressful, as she sprinted for the door everytime Sherlock or I left or returned and I usually ended up bringing her to work with me as I wasn't too sure how she was going to react being alone again. So, needless to say I've been focused on Sherly's needs rather than my husbands, and I think he's trying to let me know that he's not going to have any of it while he currently stares me down across my desk as I finish up my blog draft to publish at the end of this coming week.

Sherly played by my feet content as can be. I could never be happier, and the work ethic around the office has been rising slowly as Sherly likes to go and greet others as they do their work too. She also, doesn't sprint towards the door as much and she doesn't quite fancy Sherlock, but that's his own doing because he shoos her away at any chance he gets.

I start wrapping up my blog and bring it to my boss for review before I start to gather my things, pick up Sherly (while getting 'can she stay?'s from my coworkers who were working a little later than me), and walking to my brooding husband. Quietly Sherlock walked me home, ignoring my coos to Sherly and grumbling to himself. He rarely has fits that are quiet, let alone quiet and not throwing things around, so I'm not too sure how to deal with his current melt down and would rather make sure that Sherly is happy as can be snuggled in my coat.

Once Sherlock unlocked our home I placed Sherly down to go to her bed and sleep. I swear, if I could sleep as much as she did I'd be elated to say the least.

I shrug off my jacket, ignoring Sherlock cursing at Sherly for doing something, and I place my bag on my desk a little further into our home. It wasn't too late, maybe around 5:15 by the time we got all settled into our home, Sherlock in his brooding pajamas and I stood making a meal that he'd later tell me that he'd rather have something else but ultimately be grateful for, as he always is. We sat down not too long after we got home, maybe 6 o'clock, I don't really pay attention to the time when I'm home. Sherly curled up at my feet, like a dog, as we ate in silence as we do when he's upset about something or when a particular case is on his nerves and Watson isn't helping like he wants him to.