Part 42

The next few times they went to the bakery Bobby was there with his family, and he always came by their table to say hi and talk with little one. Jungkook was deeply annoyed by this boy every time. His bright smile and his cool, purple hair and his floppy gray ears and the way he made little one smile and laugh so much. Every time, Jungkook could feel dark jealousy roiling in his stomach. Not to mention how Bobby's brother was always hanging around looking menacing with his dark brow and his thick black tail swaying lazily behind him. He looked like he would be mean, but he always greeted the fox kindly in his soft, deep voice and then watched his brother interacting with her.

Jungkook sat back in his chair now, holding his hot chocolate in one hand, the other curled into a fist in his lap as Bobby stood next to little one's seat, telling her a story that, wasn't even that funny, in Jungkook's opinion. His black ears twitched as he watched Bobby pushing his own floppy ears from his face, the fox giggling at how they kept getting in the way. He had to physically prevent himself from rolling his eyes as the bunny spoke, and he slid his tongue over his teeth in annoyance, looking out the window.

"Little one, I'm tired - can we go home?" He said then, looking over at her. Jungkook tried not to smirk when he saw Bobby look sad as she smiled and hopped up quickly.

"Sure Kookie, we can go if you want," she said happily.

Jungkook smiled back at her, standing and heading toward the door. He glanced over his shoulder to see Bobby handing her a piece of paper and his face heated in anger when she grinned and pocketed it. She waved at him over her shoulder as she hurried across the bakery to follow Jungkook out the door. He opened the door for her and flashed a look across the room at Bobby. When their eyes met the other bunny seemed genuinely surprised at the anger he felt burning through Jungkook's gaze. Jungkook didn't soften his glare as he followed her slowly out the door, his hand still clenched into a fist.

"What did he just give you, little one?" Jungkook asked lowly.

"Oh! He said it was his cell phone number. I told him I don't have one though. Actually, I was thinking of seeing of oppa would get me one - I don't know, I feel a little uncomfortable asking for something like that though," she said, frowning. "But it might be helpful for me to have one for my piano lessons with Yoongi oppa...what do you think?" She asked, turning to him.

Jungkook looked down at her, her big eyes and happy smile relaxing him and making his anger fall away easily. "I'm sure Namjoon hyung would get you one little one. I think you're right, it would be helpful. I don't think you should text Bobby though."

She blinked in confusion, her brow furrowing. "Why not? I like him..." she mumbled.

"You like him?" Jungkook asked, annoyance seeping into his voice.

"Yeah, he's my friend, of course I like him," she said, confused.

"I thought you liked me," Jungkook spat.

"I - I do like you Jungkookie, what are you talking about?"

He huffed, his anger turning into a pout on his face as they walked down the sidewalk. He looked up when he felt her fingers softly brush the back of his hand, and he softened, wrapping his big hand around her little one.

"Sorry. I just don't trust him. And his brother is some kind of scary cat..." he mumbled.

"Ju-ne? He's nice! He's a panther hybrid, but he's a big sweetheart," she said, smiling.

Jungkook sighed deeply, focusing on her hand in his. "If you say so."

-

That evening at dinner little one was trying to work up the courage to ask Namjoon about a phone. It wasn't that she thought he would say no, it was just that he had already given her everything she had and she didn't want to ask for more, afraid it would seem like she wasn't grateful. Finally as Seokjin scooped ice cream for dessert she turned to him, her ears flat against her head and her eyes wide and nervous.

"Oppa?" She asked, her voice tiny and shy. He frowned and set his phone down, looking at her with his full attention.

"What is it little one? Is something wrong?" He asked, reaching out to cover her hand with his, concern coloring his voice.

"No oppa it's just um...I think that...it would be nice if...um. C-can-" she was clamming up, shy and nervous, her cheeks pink and eyes scared and she was about to say never mind and run away when Jungkook cut in.

"Hyung, little one should have a phone, don't you think?" He said casually as Jin handed him a bowl of ice cream.

Namjoon blinked. "Oh yeah, you're right of course she should." He turned to her, smiling, a little chuckle under his breath. "Is that what you were trying to say love?" He asked her kindly.

She nodded, looking relieved that she didn't have to ask anymore.

"Well we can do that tomorrow then. Don't be afraid to ask for things," he scolded, chuckling. "You can have anything you want."

"Yes oppa," she replied shyly as Seokjin handed her ice cream.

"So who are you gonna text on your phone little one?" Jungkook asked, smirking at her.

"I - I don't-"

"It would probably be nice if she could text Yoongi about piano," Namjoon mused, eating his ice cream.

"You don't want to text any boys?" Jungkook teased.

Namjoon's eyes cut between them and he set his spoon down, suddenly attentive.

"Yes I want to text Yoongi oppa and Tae Tae," she shot back at Jungkook, sounding cute in her irritation. "And, I have other friends I want to text too," she said glaring at him. "And I don't know why you don't like them."

"You have friends I haven't met?" Namjoon said, raising an eyebrow. Jungkook smirked, having gotten the exact reaction he wanted from his hyung.

But instead of being embarrassed, the fox perked up. "You should meet them oppa! Bobby and Ju-ne are so nice and their owner Hanbin seems good too, I bet you would like them very much," she said earnestly. Jungkook scowled, eating his ice cream with a pout.

Namjoon laughed at her enthusiasm. "Alright, where do you know them from?"

"The bakery! Can you come tomorrow? Please please!" She said, bouncing excitedly in her seat. Namjoon couldn't help smiling at her.

"When you ask like that I can never say no," he said, reaching out to ruffle her ears. "We'll get your phone and then we'll go to the bakery."

"Yay!" She exclaimed. She hopped up from the table and ran her bowl to the sink, kissing Seokjin's cheek with a thank you on her way out of the room before hurrying upstairs to shower before bed.

"I don't like those boys from the bakery," Jungkook said plainly as soon as she was gone from the room.

"Why not Kook?" Seokjin asked, tilting his head to the side.

"All Bobby wants to do is talk to little one! It's annoying," Jungkook grumbled.

"Sounds like someone is jealous," Seokjin said.

"I'm not jealous!" Jungkook said angrily, scowling at his ice cream. Then he exhaled. "I am jealous. It isn't fair."

"Why isn't it fair Kook?" Namjoon asked, frowning. "She's allowed to have other friends."

"You don't get it! He's a bunny too!" Jungkook insisted, looking pleadingly between his hyungs. "What if she likes him more than me?" He said softly, his ears wilting.

"Aw Kook, you know that won't happen," Seokjin said, reaching out to scratch his ears softly.

"How could she?" Namjoon said, shaking his head like Jungkook was being silly. "You know her. You know how to take care of her. This new bunny is just a friend Kook," he finished, getting up and taking his bowl to the sink. He leaned down and kissed Seokjin briefly. "Alright, I'm going to bed with this busy day tomorrow. Night."

"Night Joon," Jin said as he left with a smile.

Jungkook was blinking after Namjoon in confusion. "Just a friend?" He looked at Jin. "Did that sound like...Namjoon hyung means me and little one are more than friends? I thought he didn't want that."

Seokjin raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you should find out bun," he said before standing and leaving Jungkook alone at the table, the bunny's ice cream melting before him as he frowned in thought.