Part 24

As soon as the door closed behind them Jungkook suddenly realized something.

"Hyungs, wait - I forgot to tell Yoongi hyung something, I'll be right back," he said, darting back into the apartment before the older men could protest.

"You can just call me unnie, I'm sure we'll be close," the girl with the colorful hair was saying as she drew the fox into a spare bedroom.

"What's up bun?" Yoongi said as Jungkook re-entered the apartment looking worried.

"Hyung, I forgot to tell you. Um. Little one gets really scared sometimes and she has panic attacks. And you have to calm her down. I'm always scared she'll pass out cause she can't breathe when it happens. And you can tell it's about to happen cause you can hear her heartbeat getting too fast," Jungkook said quickly in a low voice.

Yoongi nodded intently, familiar with monitoring the heartbeat of his loved one subconsciously, a hybrid instinct due to their heightened senses. "So how do you calm her down then, Kook?" Yoongi asked the rabbit, tilting his head to the side.

"I make her focus on me and then I breathe really loud and tell her to match my breath. And then she's usually okay after a couple of minutes. I just wanted to tell you. And...be nice to her cause she's really special and perfect, okay?" Jungkook asked, his big eyes searching the cat's with worry.

"Of course bun," Yoongi chuckled. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah. Bye," Jungkook said before darting out the door.

-

"Thank you," the fox was saying softly to her hostess. "I...I'm tired," she mumbled, looking down at the floor.

"Of course," the girl said, softly touching the hybrid's ears. "You have such pretty fur," she said, smiling.

"Thank you," the fox replied, blushing deeply.

"If you want I can help you dye your hair while you're here. Your brown roots are starting to show," she said kindly. But the fox winced at the idea, and shook her head.

"No...hurts," was all she could say at the memory of the harsh chemicals stinging her scalp so often to keep her hair white.

"Well, if you don't want to bleach it we can dye the long part brown to match your roots! Let me know if you feel like it," she said with a smile before finally leaving the room. The fox sank onto the bed sadly, curling up and closing her eyes. She hoped these days would pass quickly.

-

She woke in the morning to a good smell coming from the kitchen, frightened at first when she didn't recognize her surroundings, but quickly remembering where she was and why. She walked shyly out of the bedroom to see the pair of them in the kitchen. The cat was standing at the stove and the woman was sitting at the table and they were talking and laughing together quietly.

"Oh, good morning little fox," the cat said, turning to look at her after he had spoke. She blinked at him shyly. He stood in sweatpants and a black T-shirt, his long black tail swishing behind him as he cooked. "I figured you're used to Jin's cooking so I better make you breakfast. And don't worry, I won't tell him if you like my eggs better than his," he said with a wink as he scooped some scrambled eggs onto a plate for her, adding bacon and toast and setting it on the table.

"That looks good, I'm hungry too Yoonie!" The girl at the table said, blinking up at the cat pleadingly.

"I made some for you too dummy," he replied, leaning down to quickly kiss the tip of her nose before turning to get a plate for her as well.