Chapter 20

Taking the first step in your life can go either way, good or bad. If everything went good life wouldnt be life, it would be more of your own personal story written by you, for you.

But regardless of that you have to take those steps, open those doors. You may regret it, you may not, its all up to you.

Some people worry to much about the future, when all along what they want has been staring them dead in the face.

It makes you think,

Have I seen the person I will marry?

Will I ever be happy with myself?

Will things last forever?

But by this time you have thought about all those things your life has been wasted, disappeared in thin air.

Being happy with life is what everyone wants, what everyone craves.

But in all reality how happy are you?

Yes you may have money, clothes, family, friends, maybe even love.

But take a step back and look at your life, who you are, are you happy?

Open yourself up to all the possibilities in front of you, ask yourself is it worth it?

Will this make me happy?

Now take another step, through another door.

Now your standing in front of the love of your life, hand in hand, happy as can be.

But you take another step, wanting to be happier.

Now you stand alone, heartbroken and far from happy.

But you gather up the strength to push yourself through yet another door.

This time you stand strong and tall having the love of your life once again at your side.

This time you both take the step, and now you stand at the alter on the happiest day of your life looking the person you share so much with in the eyes.

Proudly speaking those words that make it all official, that seals it all.

You both take yet another step and your blessed with the one thing you both have always wanted in your life, the thing that grows your bond even stronger than before.

You hold it in your arms, cherish it for you have brought yet another thing that makes you happy into this world.

Ready to see whats next you take that much awaited step through that door, but its not at all what you want.

You sit alone, shattered and broken, ready to give up.

It makes you think

Should I have took that step?

Or should I have staid happy with my feet planted in front of me?

***

I blinked in confusion, a bright light blinded my vision making me squint in attempts to sheild it.

My mind was blank, literally. I had no recolection of where I was or better yet how I got here. I heard noise but thats all it was, I couldnt make out exactly what it was or where it was originating from, just the pure fact that it was indeed there.

I tried to move my body but it wouldnt respond, almost as if I had no control over it what so ever. Like I was paralized, my body wouldnt even move as much as a twitch of the finger.

"His family will be arriving shortly," I heard a deep voice say

After that I heard nothing at all, just a small ring that seemed to pulsate through my whole head, blocking out everything else.