Part 38 - New beginnings

A huge thanks to all the votes and comments,.. sorry for the late update,.. hope you all enjoy this part..

"Khushi, listen" Payal whispered slowly into the microphone, when Garima, Buaji and Babuji had gone after speaking to their daughter, leaving Khushi alone in the room "how is this Rima? In the beginning you were always complaining, she is bossy, she is mean,... how is she now?"

This was her fourth call, rather face timing for this week. Being alone in London especially when Akash had to go to office instead of working from home, she couldn't stop until she had spoken to everybody, from Lakshmi ji Shantivan to her Buaji's Nand Kishore Lakshmi nagar.

"Who do you think I am jiji? I am my Buaji's niece, and dare she take advantage of me. Otherwise Nand kishore will punish her." Khushi tried to put Payal in peace. She didn't want Payal to get worried or for that matter the issues to reach Arnav.

"Khushi" Payal sighed.

Khushi replied, "No jiji, she is ok now. You know nobody can take me for granted. I have put her in her place, we have got into a working pattern, and both of us stick to it. We try not to deal with anything else personal ."

"Ok that's good to hear. Akash was also a bit worried, but now he I ok." Looking at the time, Payal hurried, "Hey Devi maiyya, I completely forgot the time talking to you all, nearly time for Akash to return I have not yet cooked. I will speak to you soon. Keep me updated."

When Khushi returned to the dinner table, Garima was speaking. "oh oh, forgot to mention to Payal about Janmashtami ( Lord Krishnas Birthday!! ) next week. Wonder what she will do in that foreign land. It is nearly five months, even now I wonder, if it was necessary for Arnav Babua to send them there?" the mum in her started to speak, but Buaji cut her,

"Garima, you really think Manorama would have very gladly accepted her as a daughter in law? She still looks down upon us. That lady will always think her son was stolen away. You keep quiet, Arnav babua did the right thing. And it is best if the couple are left alone, especially in the beginning to get used to each other without others interfering."

Khushi echoed "Haan haan". She couldn't stop the smile on her face. Wasn't that what he always complained of at Shantivan?

Khushi looked up at her mum. Five months did she say. Oh my, time had flown so quick. That means nearly 5 months since she had taken up this project. In a span of 5 months, so many things had changed, though all were in the same house same place, for Khushi it seemed like a culture shock. Her mind slowly reminiscing the past ...

Akash and Payal had returned from Maldives, after a week. They had hardly stayed for about two weeks after the wedding, when Arnav packed them off to London.

"Khushi wasn't your family always worried about Mami, so let them enjoy for a few days without anybody else to bother them". And then he had also slowly whispered in her ears, "I think all couples should get that opportunity, otherwise imagine the situation in Raizada mansion." He took great pride whenever he was the cause for her blush.

Understanding the new project had taken a long time. Khushi had to pour in day and nights reading, trying to understand the terms and conditions of the project. She had to get used to her new iPhone, wireless broadband at home, and thankfully Akash's old laptop was enough for her get through this project. Buaji often complained, "Whom were you speaking to whole night."