Part 30 - Confused Confessions

The door was slightly ajar. She knocked the door. She could hear him speak loudly in a hurried manner.

"OK ok ok Aman, its all sorted, I need to go now" he was indeed in a rush to meet the 'visitors'. Getting irritated with Aman's persistent questions, "You know what to do, don't you. Now, you deal with it and call me only if they there is a problem. Only emergency.." finishing his orders, he cut the phone, relieved at finally being free.

Slightly pushing the door, she inched towards his voice, as if she was scared to meet him. Her heart was beating so loud, she clutched her heart lest he hear it.

"Arnav ji...." she whispered.

He knew she was here. He could feel it, he could hear her anklets, hear her heartbeats, he just knew and he slowly turned. On its own volition a smile crept up his lips. Seeing her after a month, his heart felt light, happy.

"Khushi" he whispered back

Both stood taking in each others presence. Nothing moved, still, quiet, no words spoken, all they could hear was their own raised heartbeats.

She had played for too long, she had tried her best to not see him, yet there was longing in her heart. Overwhelmed at just the sight of him, her emotions running astray, she swayed slightly, held her head and the next moment he was next to her, holding her shoulders, supporting her.

Overcome with concern, looking into her eyes, he asked hurriedly, "Khushi what happened are you ok?"

She swayed again, and immediately he swept her off her feet, and took her to his bed nearby. Flashes of putting her on her bed in Lakshmi nagar, when she had fallen in his hands in the guest house played in his mind.

Putting her so very gently on his bed, he asked, "Khushi khushi, are you ok,.. .."

She looked tired and pale. Sudden flashes of his mum came to his mind when she was in her last moments. Trying to ward them out of his mind, he asked her again,

"Khushi, can you hear me. Are you ok? Please hear me Khushi. Khushi. Listen "

She was in a delirium, she opened her eyes, but again her eyes looked pale and almost closed. She was trying hard to stay awake, keep her conscious. Once again he had glimpses of gun shot, his mums eyes shut, his smiling sister in her wedding attire.

Holding both her hands, rubbing them slightly, he spoke desperately, "Khushi Khushi, please don't do this,. Wake-up please, please don't leave me and go like ma. Please Khushi.. wake up.. "

He felt suffocated, hard to breath. His Di's words came to his mind.

"Don't talk harsh Chote, we don't know if we are seeing them for the last time "

'You wont be able to breath chote.'

For a moment, she was back with conscious, Khushi opened her eyes.

"Khushi, Khushi, please forgive me. I have been terrible with you. My harsh words, actions. I never meant all those. Don't leave me Khushi, my heart will stop beating, I won't be able to breath. See can you feel it. " he spoke holding her hand to his heart,

Immersing herself in his eyes, giving a gentle stroke on his cheeks, while he still held her hands.. all she could muster was a weak whisper "Arnav" and once again slept even before the ji... His concerned, glistened eyes in her mind and heart.

"Khushiiiiii " he shouted...

He shook her head to wake her,

"Khushi khushi khushi... wake up... please... khushi. Khushi... don't do this, please..." Arnav shouted, but little could she hear.