Part 35 - Party.... ies...

"Why is Anjali ji so pleased, she has been smiling through out looking at my sister and her brother ,... Devi maiyya knows what my sister is going through with that man. I must somehow find out what is going on.. " Payal thought, while the rest of the family and Khushi were busy having food. She did not fail to notice her sister, who always had the appetite of a horse, was only pecking on her plate, while her mind was else where. Since Payal had missed dinner the previous evening, there was no escape today.

Life changing weekend for Khushi it was. But life has to go on. Back home, she was busy getting ready for the coming week's work. Going to work, then the extra few small catering jobs she had procured, all needed plenty of planning and preparation. Payal was of great help and Khushi was literally in tears thinking how she would manage when she was gone.

The elders were sat discussing the normal rigmorals of life, Khushi approached them , "Babuji, I have got all the plans ready for next week. Buaji, did the tenants call you? I spoke to them and they are emptying on Wednesday. He said he will return the keys to Happy ji. Happy ji is so excited we are moving back."

"Yeah, Khushi Happy ji had called me. He couldn't get your number. He said one of his painter friend I coming on Thursday, what is this? " Payal asked, why they had to paint the house in this crisis.

"Jiji, do you remember, Buaji was saying we need to paint the house before wedding, so I thought this was the best time when the house is empty, before we move in. I had asked Happy ji if he knew any painter, he had mentioned about one of his customer. I have taken off on Thursday, shall we finish all the cleaning. Happy ji said he will help us too. If everything goes right, we can shift there by Saturday."

Babuji, Garima and Buaji all agreed, but Babuji insisted he would be present there as well. "All of you can do the work, I will be in Happy jis garage and rest if need be. I want to help and do things when I am able to, when I can't, I don't have any choice. "

Which was true, it would keep him busy and change of place and environment was always a good medicine for any illness.

Though tired, sleep was far away for Khushi. "Sorry Arnav ji, I cannot accept you, and also I know I cannot accept anybody else either. NEVER. It was on that Diwali day, somewhere I still feel shattered, too many things have happened since and I have become numb to all my feelings. I need some time to understand myself, my own feelings. Hey Devi maiyya, please show me the way. "

Back here at Shantivan, Arnav and Anjali sat by the pool, in their night dress and pyjamas discussing the party (Hey guys, have they ever shown these people in casual wear in the show? Have they? I just can't remember..). "Di, its all booked now, keep these leaflets from the hotel, out of reach of that monkey and Akash."

"Ok chote, I wanted to ask you, you know that classmate of Akash, Anand, don't miss him. You know how close they were till high school. I'm sure he will be pleased to see them."

"Di, I don't have much contacts about them, can you try and sneak it from his phone. "

"Don't worry chote, I will get it off him, though I wouldn't want to see his phone now.. I will think of a way. "