Chapter 3

Here's another update - hope you enjoy! Please comment and vote :)

~~~

Earlier that week

New POV

I'm sitting on a luxurious couch, and I can feel the soft plush material under me, like the rest of my surroundings it is expensive and luxurious, what else would you expect when you've been building an empire as long as I have? 

An annoying beeping sound rouses me from my peaceful thoughts, and I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, damn new technology doesn't give you a minute of peace, I growl and pick the phone out of my pocket pressing the answer icon.

"What is it?" I ask shortly not happy to be interrupted in the few rare minutes I've had to relax today. But I can hear the hitched breathing, and quick heartbeat of the man on the end of the line, telling me something's wrong - great. Just what I needed.

"Sire... I'm afraid I have some bad news, it's your sister, she.. she didn't return to her dorm tonight. We've tracked her scent, and itcrosses with a dogs scent and then... she disapears, we're on the trail of the mutts scent, as it's most likely smothering hers, but they're both fairly old. I'm sorry sire, we have our best men on it already, but with the scents being at least 5 hours old, we fear we may be too late to do anything. Is there anything more you want us to do?... Sire?...."

I listened in silence to the mans speech, as my mind took in the meaning of his words. Then I crushed the phone in my hand, seeing red.

My sister is gone.

The only family I have left and they've taken her from me as well.

Was it not enough that they'd killed my parents already?

"Val?" I turn sharply to look at the miniscule creature that dared interrupt me, baring my teeth and growling fiercely at them. But straighten from my threatening crouched position when I see the familiar auburn hair.

"Cordula, they took her." She looks at me in confusion.

"They took my sister! Those mutts!" My voice is barely distinguishable at it turns into snarls and growls more than speech. But understanding crosses her face and she steps towards me, but I turn and punch the wall yelling in frustration, the satisfying sound of plaster cracking and falling from the wall doing nothing to pacify me.

I can feel the bones in my hand have been crushed by the force of my punch, and the pain brings me back from the murderous images in my head to my best friend in front of me. I shake my hand out, allowing the bones to heal and reset in place.

"I'm going to kill them. All of them." My voice is quiet now, murderous. Cordula grabs hold of my shoulders and looks me in the eyes.

"You need to calm down Valerius. Don't do anything rash." She's the only one who can talk to me like this, and look me in the eyes, anyone else and they'd be dead in a second - well, except for my sister of course.

"How can I be calm, this is my sister we're talking about!" 

"Exactly my point, we need to plan this carefully, you don't want to get her hurt because you act rashly and haven't thought things through. We will get her back. But we can't start a war. Not again." Her voice is calm but I can hear the underlying tension, she's good friends with my sister, and took on a motherly position after our parents passed away.

"We could for my sister." I would do anything for my sister, and I bet those bastards know it too.

"No, we'll find another way"

"It's no use, she's probably already within their walls or... or... she didn't even get that far before they..." I can't bring myself to say it - that I might be truly alone now. My anger ebbs as I think about how my little Cressie must be feeling now. Scared? Alone? In pain?

"You can't think like that, they won't kill her, they'll need her as leverage in whatever it is they're planning. If they killed her then it would be an outright declaration of war - they're stupid, but they're not that stupid." Cordula - the voice of reason. I run my fingers through my hair, she's right, and I tell her so. I need to clear my head ready for some serious planning, but first things first.

"Cordula, book a flight to London, and make sure the house is ready for my arrival tomorrow - we're going to get my sister back, even if we have to walk into The Pack House itself."

~~~

Next chapter should hopefully get the story moving along a bit faster - hopefully your enjoying it so far though!