15 👣 The Execution

Start from the beginning

There's a brief pause in the men's movements.

But shortly, merciless onyx webs stretch out of the voids, grasping them like fingers and yank them into their blank selves. Cries of panic clash against their rippling footsteps again; but this time, farther away from those gaps.

Once one of them is swallowed, a growl will replace their pair of footsteps.

The mass' quantity lessens as time drags further. Their thickness recede, and the crowd that targets Trixy are now manageable for her weapons.

Raiden swallows a weighty chunk of saliva as Trixy's savageness unfolds in front of him.

He averts his attention for a while to Ece, who's trying to locate the tent as her neck tilts around. The hunger and dedication burning in her eyes are slightly dimmer than before. The onyx shield trapping her within also loses its previous radiance, now nearly transparent.

And by then, bodies, either wounded or fainted ones, are beginning to pile near his temporary hideout. One's got a slashed thigh and a new ripped-jeans. The young girl lying next to him earns bruises on her mandible and a bloody shoulder, which equals an off-shoulder look. The elder woman clutching her stomach coughs blood.

Though the scent of violence wafts around his nostrils, he tries to remain calm as he examines a victim from afar, watching the weak rises of their chests, or fervent exhales through their lips.

Both Trixy and him will bear the guilt for their entire lifetime if someone ever dies. Even though they're trying to guard themselves from these men's unconscious harm...

"There you are." Raiden's yet to glance when a force cracks across his stomach, disposing him to the solid pole supporting the tent. Blood seeps through his teeth. A pain fiercer than several cactus punctures gnaws on his cheek from the inside.

Steadying his haphazard angle, Raiden whimpers at the sight of Ece's onyx hair.

"I've looked all over this place for you, brother."

"Stop it, Ece. This is not you." His elbow aches as he uses it to support his seating position. Hopefully, it isn't a fracture. "This is a heartless monster, and you're not her."

Her eyes never leave his most prominent injuries as she shambles forward. Trying to possess an elegant stride, but hasn't been able to. Typical show-off Ece. "Let's get this done with."

"I'm your brother." He tries to transfer his longing for her through his gaze. "Look at me here. I've been raising a rebellious sister for twelve years, not an onyx-colored demon."

She braces her knuckles instead of heeding his remarks. How those slender fingers are adequate enough to stem demise into several innocent souls with a single command sourcing from her brain.

There aren't any choices, or options, besides preventing her multi-abilities to evolve.

"Do you know..." the lesser their distance is, the wilder his heart protests, "how does it feel to have your goals stolen from you when you're a step away from it?"

The paralyzed, motionless faces of Palchuk and Hadassah haunt his subconsciousness.

"I never have goals." He admits ruefully, not daring to meet Ece's mind-ransacking glare. His existing injuries have lost their calm, and demand an immediate rest.

"That, brother, is a reason in my shortlist of why I can't survive together with you. You've never had a long-term objective. Always thinking of our parents' debts, drowning while trying to clear their sins. If I were you, I'd just run away, never to be seen again."

Sinister (COMPLETED / TO BE REWRITTEN)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara