17

Naruto. Wake up.

A voice stirred Naruto from his sleep, he sat up and found a red haired boy in his room, along with the Sage. The mark on his hand began pulsing like a heartbeat at the sight and the Sage smiled grandfatherly at the red haired boy. Shukaku, Garra, this is Naruto, my Avatar of light. My chosen one. My champion.

"Meh, doesnt look like much, but I'll take your word for it, Pops. Nice to meet you Naruto, I'm Shukaku, the Ichibi. This is Garra, say hi Garra-" "Hi..." the red haired boy whispered. "Anyway, enough of that. Dad says you can help me. In return I wont keep this kid awake for the rest of his life... and maybe I'll stop shaving his eyebrows"

Be nice Shukaku. Yes, Naruto can help you. Naruto, the seal on your hand is your link to the awesome powers I've bestowed upon you, but you've no idea what they are, correct?

Naruto nodded, hed actually wondered about that seal alot less than he probably should've.

It gives you the power of a Star Sage. Stars are the most powerful form of natural energy that a human can possibly harness. That seal is tuning you into that power.

"That sounds really cool, and super overpowered, but I gotta ask... what am I protecting the Earth from to warrant such powers?" Naruto asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

My mother's race. There arent many of them, but their average citizens are as powerful as jonin. Their elite are considered gods. Even my brother and I could barely beat my mother. That's why I needed to make you stronger than we ever were. You will become a god as well. Fight fire with fire. Your chakra is losing its human qualities, its evolving. You are evolving.

"I have to do it alone?" Naruto asked, he had been alone for a long time in the presence of his family. He wasnt sure if he wanted to be more outcast.

The sage shook his head. "No. You shan't be alone long. You may choose five people to receive powerful abilities to help you on your mission. You have until you are twenty to pick. Just call for me to give me your answers.

Naruto considered it for a moment, "Can I choose two now?"

"Of course."

"Itachi, and Sasuke, Uchiha. I'll come up with others later."

"Very well." The Sage then placed a hand on Garra's shoulder. "Time to help this young lad."

"Kay... how?" Naruto asked, walking over.

The sage closed his eyes and stepped into Naruto, assuming control of his body. "Like this." Then the Sage knelt down to Garra, looking over his seal. "Shukaku, I'm going to give you a bit more freedom. You'll be able to leave the seal at will, as a small racoon, leaving most of your power behind."

"Alright pops" Shukaku called from inside the seal.

Then the sage started going through hand signs, faster than the eye could see. It took nearly four minutes of lightning fast hand seals before he slammed his palm into Garra's seal over his eye.

Then the Sage left Naruto's body, and Naruto passed out from chakra exhaustion.

______________________

Naruto sat up slowly, blinking at the light flooding into his room.

"I will not be able to help you with all my children this way. Your body could barely handle my energy, but that has strengthened you and built your resistance to your own powers a bit. Soon you may start drawing on the powers of a star." The Sage told him, then smiled sadly. "I must go away for now."

Naruto got up out of his bed and grabbed a shirt, but as he put it on the Sage vanished, leaving Naruto with more questions than answers.