Klaus

A few days after meeting with Niklaus, I was stretched out on Alaric's couch, going over the grimoires and the ritual. The full moon was next week and I was already a nervous wreck. Seriously... What happens if I get it wrong? What happens if it doesn't work?

"You okay?" Nik questioned, flopping down in a chair with a sigh.

I looked at him in surprise "I'm fine," I told him quietly.

"If you say so," he shrugged "Do you know when Elijah's coming back?"

"Soon, I'd think. He just told me that he had something to do," I murmured, trying to concentrated on the notes.

A knock sounded on the apartment door and a guy came in. Who was that? Witch?

"I'll be back as soon as I can," he nodded at the Original, before he spotted me "Hello, who are you?"

"Meg, you?"

"Maddox."

"Nice to meet you, I guess," I told him, an uncertain look on my face.

"Enough talking now. Do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get," Niklaus demanded of the witch, who in turn throws me a suffering look and leaves.

"Witches these days," the Original grunted.

"Hey," I pouted "I'm a witch."

"And you are probably the most eccentric one I know," he mocked.

I stuck out my tongue and put down my reading materials "So, what exactly is he doing?"

"To retrieve me, so I can get out of this bad hair-do," he complained.

"Shut up," I mumbled "Alaric is nice."

"If you say so," Niklaus snorted in disgust "I still want to get out of this body."

"We all want you to," I grinned "Why don't you wake me up when you're done? I'm tired."

"You just woke up a few hours ago," he pointed out in confusion.

I shrugged and walked into the bedroom. He'll find out soon enough and I'm not sure if that'll be good or not... I let out a sigh as soon as I was alone. This was the first time I actually felt the strain of what I was going to do. I really wanted to help Niklaus, but I'm not sure if I could. I'm not sure if I had enough magic to do it without harming the little ones.

I was just sitting there thinking, so I didn't even notice the time passing. The door flew open and someone I had only seen from drawings was standing in front of me.

"Hi," I gave a little wave and rubbed my eyes. I should have slept, now I was even more exhausted...

"Your Alaric is in the other room, freaking out." His lips twitched in amusement and he snorted again when I rushed past him.

"Ric," I called, throwing myself into his arms "You're okay, right?"

The hunter blinked down at me in confusion, before his gaze softened "I'm fine. How are you and... the babies?"

"They're growing and giving me freaking mood swings. I swear, I freak out Mr Big bad Original over there the first time we met," I sighed and leaned against one of my friends/family.

Alaric snorted "What did Jenna and Damon do?"

"Jenna joined in and Damon was being reasonable," I shuddered at the last word.

He ruffled my hair and turned to the vampire "So... what now?"

Niklaus squinted his eyes at me "Now you are going to get out and I'm gonna have a chat with a certain witch."

"But-"

"Ric it's fine. I'll be okay," I soothed him and gave him a little push.

He shook his head "You are way too trusting."

"I am not," I sneered "Only with people I can read."

"And you can read him?" A sharp jab in the Original's direction accompanied the question.

"No, but I know a lot about him through my family," I shrugged.

"You're unbelievable," he laughed crazily. What the hell is wrong with him? Okay, he did just get freed from possession, but still.

"You should go," I stated emotionlessly "Before you say or do something you'll regret."

He flinched back at the look I was shooting him and left.

"Well, that was interesting," Niklaus remarked with a smirk.

"Fuck off," I mumbled, staring at the door sadly.

"Now, now, love. Think about who you're speaking to," he warned.

"I'm not afraid of you. Yes, you could kill me, but you won't. After all, my family is under your family's protection. Think about what your siblings would say," I smiled charmingly.

"Hm," he hummed "Now, what is this about you and babies and the three heartbeats coming from you?"

I shifted, very aware of his calculating gaze on me "It... I'm pregnant. About thirteen weeks now."

"And the father?"

"I don't know. I never knew who it was," I laughed nervously. I wasn't sure how he would react, but I could imagine it wasn't good.

"What happened?" the Original questioned gently, sitting down next to me.

"I'm pretty sure you could guess," I hissed bitterly.

"Oh, I'm going to kill him," Niklaus spat.

"Leave it," I murmured.

He stared at me incredulously "He raped you and he gets away with it."

I shrugged "It's fine. I'm not over it, how could I be, but I have people who love me now and that's enough for me."

"Your parents?"

"My mother's dead. She died giving birth and my so-called father abandoned me after finding out I was pregnant," I whispered quietly. A deep growl made me look at the hybrid in question.

"He just left you alone in dealing with a pregnancy? You're still a child," he snarled.

I laughed quietly "Elijah reacted similarly. But seriously, I'm fine. We're better off without him anyway."

"If you're sure."

"I am, but thank you for your concern," I smiled "Did you bring your family here with your body?"

"Yes, they're getting- Wait a second, how do you know? Elijah would have told you..." Nik blinked.

I grinned humorously "Oh, he did. But you were lying. There's no way that you would throw your siblings into the ocean to rot. You're protecting them in your own way, am I right?"

"Why am I even surprised? How did you guess?"

"It's the fact that you're a werewolf. The thing they treasure most is their pack and who is and will always be your first pack? Your family. Or your brothers and sister at least," I explained, kicking my legs up and into his lap "Will you undagger them?"

"Why should I?" he asked defensively, ignoring the fact that I was using him as a cushion.

I smirked "Because you would get Elijah to like you and you could start from the beginning. If you explain why you did what you did, I'm sure they'd forgive you."

"Are you sure?"

I shrugged "I would, but if you want, you could always start with Elijah and go from there."

The Original raked a hand through his hair and sighed deeply "I'll try. Thanks."