Chapter 29 [Trixie and Brigham]

Start from the beginning

Isa pang hadlang at advantage ang age gap nila. Isang taon lang ang agwat so ever since nagsimula silang mag-aral, konting iyak lang niya, her Kuya would act all superman. So apt since he decided to wear glasses.

She wonders what her Kuya and her best friend is doing right now. She sure hopes sumiklab na ang matagal ng pag-iinit ng dalawa sa isa’t-isa. She suspected all along may papaupuntahan ang sobrang pagkamuhi ng dalawa. Defense mechanism for unexplained attraction.

“Ya’want?” Tanong ulit nito.

She blinked her eyes and shook her head again at na-realize that she really hasn’t said a word to him. “No thanks.” Sagot niya and smiled apologetically.

“Ya’sure?” Bigla itong lumapit sa kanya, a little too close so she backed away only to be crushed into someone’s protective body. She saw the guy pale kaya nilingon niya ang nagligtas sa kanya ang flinched when she saw his face.

Brigham’s face is scowling at the poor lad effectively scaring him away. Ayaw niya itong makita ngayon. Tumalikod siya dito at mabilis na naglakad palayo.

“Trixie!” Brigham called and barely caught the hem of her blouse.

Mas binilisan niya pa ang paglalakad.

“Trixie!” This time, it wasn’t his voice. It’s Missy’s.

Nilingon niya ito and the petite girl hastily grabbed her wrists forcefully leading her away from the crowd. Too much power from a small girl like her, she almost smiled. She saw at the corner of her eyes the retreating figure of frustrated Brigham kaya nakahinga na siya ng maluwag. At least alam nito ang limit nito.

“What’s the problem Missy?” Tanong niya dito nang nakahinto na sila sa sulok.

“That bastard is in the party. Who invited him?” She hissed.

“Hey! Calm down. Bastard who? I only know the king of bastards and he was just recently dumped by our best friend.” Sagot niya dito na tinutukoy ang ngayong ex na ni Izzy na si shitface Clark.

Missy didn’t get the joke. Galit na galit ang mukha nito. “Michael Latrosse’s stalker of a son is in here.” Bulyaw nito.

“Latrosse? You mean the vice mayor?” Tanong niya dito and remembered the kid devirginized by Missy na naglakas-loob lumapit dito last Monday sa parking lot. “Oh. That kid…”

“Yeah! And that kid is stalking me! Arghh! He thinks he’s in love with me! Isn’t he stupid?” Nagpapanic na babble nito.

Muntik na siyang ngumisi. This is terribly weird. Missy is always the one in love with every man she dates.

“Missy, I think you’re overreacting.” Sabi niya dito.

She looked at her wide-eyed. “Am I? God! I didn’t know how to react when he told me that. I just yelled ‘Are you kidding me?’ and then I ran-”