Chapter 21 [Dumbstruck]

Chapter 21

Deiderick

Mas binilisan niya ang kanyang paglalakad. He needs to find her. He doesn’t know why it is so important for him to save her from a self-induced catastrophe. To stop her from doing stupid things because of her own stubbornness. All he knows is that if she does anything stupid and harm herself because she’s angry at him, he will be furious. Why? He again doesn’t know. He cursed himself silently for that fact. Nang nag-react ang kasalubong niyang matanda, na-realize niyang hindi pala silently ang pagmura niya. Mas nainis tuloy siya sa sarili niya.

Control. He needs control.

Inisip niya ulit si Isabella. He can call her and demand to tell him her exact location so he can drag her out of the night club pero hindi niya magawa. Ayaw niyang isipin nito na concerned siya. Dahil ang totoo, hindi naman talaga siya concerned. Ayaw niya lang gumawa ito ng katarantaduhan na pagsisisihan nito sa huli.  That’s the truth behind this uneasiness, right? Hindi siya concerned. Feel niya lang na responsibilidad niya ito.

As what he can see now, nasimulan na nga yata nitong gawin ang mga pagsisisihan nito kinabukasan. Malamang, lasing na ito. And that added more to his worry. A drunk Isabella is a very difficult problem to handle. She goes wild, flirts, and curses like hell. Instinctively, mas binilisan niya pa ang paglalakad to look for her pero nahinto ng naisip niya ang absurdity ng ginagawa niya.

Why does he feel so responsible for her careless decisions? Bakit siya mag-aalala kung anong kinalabasan ng drunken night nito? Diba, sinaktan niya ang pride nito para sa purpose na mailayo ito sa kanya? To push her away from him with the same hatred she rendered him before last night? So bakit siya aaktong ala-savior nito ngayon? Hindi niya naman ito kargo, ah!

 Damn! This is getting out of his control.

Huminto siya, contemplating if he is doing the right thing at galit na bumalik sa bahay ni Nina habang kinukumbinse ang sarili niya na he is doing the right thing.

For the first time in all his life, control is the last thing in his mind.

Brigham

What the devil is this kid doing?

No, he doesn’t need someone to explain to him what the hailed genius stupid kid is doing. Uuwi ito. The kid is going back home. Wala itong interes in searching for his employer’s daughter. Maybe, the kid has no interest in Izzy at all like he thinks the kid is. He may have mistaken the meaning of the kid’s glances to the girl.

Bloody hell.

Did he really? Was he really wrong? Pero nakita niya ang ekspresyon ng mukha nito every time his employer’s daughter taunted him. He always saw the twinkle of amusement every time they argue but the kid would quickly rearrange his face and replace it with his always reserved and annoyed expression.