|t w o| take me home country roads

|s h i p| kwitanz (kwite x wildspartanz)

*clears throat* COUNTRY ROADS TAKE ME HOME TO THE PLACE I BELONG WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAIN MAMA TAKE ME HOME DOWN COUNTRY ROADS i am a country child, i know every word to that song. But before this starts, let me say. I grew up listening to this song and it brings back some very happy memories so please enjoy. I wrote this before Camp so this is not counting towards my total.

-

The field was quiet and peaceful. A breeze floated through the tall grass and crickets chirped loudly. They could see every star in the sky it seemed. There were no city lights to drown out the twinkling lights or the sounds of cars to drown out the sound of crickets or the sound of the wind running through the field like they had been.

Colorado had been fun, but nothing could compare to this.

Beneath the twinkling sky, the five laid in the grass, eyes fixated on something that seemed so foreign to them. They were from the city and it was rare that they ever got to see the sky with it's brilliant stars at full brightness. It was rare that they ever saw anything but a few dull stars that broke through the city lights. But now - they were silent, just staring at the sky.

The idea to stay in a place in Tennessee started off as a joke, but eventually that joke turned into reality and that's where they ended up. Sitting in a field. Twenty miles from the nearest town which was fifty miles from Memphis. Staring at the sky. Completely and utterly in love with the world that they were seeing.

Henry and Ani were laughing and poking each other. Their laughs mixed in with the sounds of the crickets and the sound of whatever was playing on the radio at that moment. Diesel was staring at the sky, lost in his own thoughts and actions. Brandon and Kwite on the other hand were side by side, hands intertwined. They were so close that they could hear the other's soft breathing against everything else.

"Look! Fireflies!" Ani shouted, childlike wonder laced in her voice.

Mixed in with the silver stars were the golden lights of fireflies. Brandon couldn't miss the look of wonder that Kwite had on his face as his eyes traced the pattern of the bugs that danced in the sky.

"You know if you catch one you can make a wish," Henry said, breaking the silence that had fallen back over the group. "Or at least that's what my mum says."

The group laughed at Henry's statement, but in Brandon's mind, he hoped that his wish would come true.

The silence that had wrapped around the group was comfortable. They were at peace with where they were and who they were with. There was no need for conversions or anything. They were fine with how life was for them.

On the radio, the familiar chords of "Take Me Home Country Roads" drifted their way out to the group along with a breeze that caused Kwite to snuggle closer into Brandon's side.

Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River

Brandon wrapped his arm around Kwite's waist pulling him closer to him, causing the smaller man to laugh.

"Hey," Brandon whispered to his boyfriend as Kwite laughed and kissed his cheek.

Life is old there, older than the trees

Younger than the mountains, blowing like the breeze

"Hey back," Kwite whispered as he leaned his head on Brandon's shoulder.

Their hands were still intertwined and Kwite's breathing had slowed downed as he relaxed against his boyfriend. Brandon's stomach filled with butterflies as his heart filled with love at the sight of Kwite being so trusting and loving. There was something about the simplicity of the moment that made Brandon think of their entire relationship up until this point.