Chapter 16

It had been a weak since that day. The day Jongin suddenly kissed him and they had a small "argument", resulting for the younger to storm off later. And he had been successfully avoiding Kyungsoo too. Even though they live in the same house,the older could barely catch a glimpse of him.

Kyungsoo knew their distant behaviours had the whole office stirring up rumours about them heading to "divorce". Main reason were that he had not been going home with Jongin like before & the younger had not been coming down to visit him too.

Kyungsoo sighed at the thoughts before focusing back on his work again. Almost. He heard his supervisor instructing one of his collegue to bring the paperworks to be checked to Kim Jongin upstair .

"I can get that upstairs for you!" He volunteered cheerfully when the guy was to leave to do his work. The guy hesitantly nodded before handing the file to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo inhaled sharply when the lift dinged, signaling Kyungsoo that he had arrived to the floor where Jongin's office was. He didn't know why he was here anymore. To meet Jongin who was avoiding him purposefully?

He smiled at Baekhyun,who looked surprised but nontheless returned a soft smile with a nod. Kyungsoo knocked on the door and heard Jongin's voice telling hin to come in. So he did with hesitation.

"You can put that here. Thank you." So Kyungsoo did that,walking towards Jongin's desk and put it there. Jongin still had not moved his eyes from the papers yet. It was about a few seconds later Jongin looked up,probably out of confusion why the guy hadn't ledt yet.

And he wore a hint of surprise of seeing Kyungsoo instead before it faded again.

"Why are you here?" Kyungsoo winced softly at how Jongin sounds. Cold and business-like.

"I..I told hin I would get the paper to you." He answered,suddenly started regretting of coming here.

"Okay. Thank you." And he went back to his work again. Pretending Kyungsoo was not there. Pretending the fight did not happen. Pretending they did not kiss.

"Long time no see." Kyungsoo suddenly said,finally getting the younger to look at him again.

"I had been...busy." the little pause in between was enough for the shorter to know that Jongin was lying. And it hurt him. The way Kyungsoo thought about them getting closer than before embrassed him badly now.

"I see that..You look thinner now..Take care,Jongin ah" Jongin just nodded curtly.

"I will leave now. Sorry for disturbing." With that,he turned on his heels,rushing out of the office,his throat starting to hurt as he tried so hard mot to cry.

Baekhyun,as a bystander,could only watch Kyungsoo walking out in the same state his friend/boss has been in for days now.Shoulders slouched,head down and face filled with sadness.He wished those two idiots would make up and realise the feelings they held for each other instead of running around the circle. He sighed deeoly before focusing back on his laptop again.

▪︎▪︎
It was two days later that Kyungsoo was called into the MD's office. He was puzzled why he was called as he walked there. With a knock and a drop of hesitation,he opened the door to reveal Jongin and his father.

"You're here. Good. Been waiting for you." Jongin's father sais as he signalled him to sit beside Jongin,who had only glanced at him once when he came in.

"Explain this." The elder Kim put down the file in front of them on the table rather harshly. Kyungsoo was still in confusion of why he was here and what was in that yellow file. Jongin just picked up that file and took out what seemed to be the photos of something.