Chapter 10

"I fucked up so bad." Jongin muttered, his take out meal in front getting colder by seconds.  The  younger's old friend and secretary , Baekhyun, looked up wiping his lips with the tissue. His boss decided to eat  in the office and rather asked him sadly to have lunch  together.

"What happened?" Jongin fell back on the couch with a very loud deep sigh. "We spent a night together." At that, Baekhyun spluttered the water he was drinking all onto the glass table.  "What!? Spent the night as in  spent the night!?"  Jongin  just nodded  gloomily.

"And he told me to forget about it." The  young secretary's lips formed an O shape. "I was about to tell him  that I don’t  want  to  start off our relationship like that and I nearly confessed but he just shut me down like that."  Jongin stared down  at his hands on his lap and let out a sigh umpteenth time.

"Are you just going to give up like that?" The younger shook his head slowly before he looked up at Baekhyun. "But I'm scared to be rejected, Baekhyun." The said male sighed as looked for the right words to put into as a proper advice.

"Everyone is. But you won't know unless you try." He said persistantly.

"But he doesn't even like me!" Jongin exclaimed, hands thrown in air as a sign of defeat.

"Well, then why don't you court him?" Jongin's eyes snapped wide open as his suggestion as he put his mind to work. "That would be nice! Maybe---maybe I can apologise for my behaviour first! Right…Right!" He iinstantly stood up, scaring his friend.

"Jongin, where the hell are you going!?"

"Going out now! I will be back soon!" He exclaimed, laughing like an idiot as he grabbed his coat and car key in rush.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"What??" Kyungsoo looked at everyone in the office,puzzled at why alomost everyone was smirking at him. "Kyungsoo, we didn't know you have a lover !" His co-worker exclaimed which only made his frown deeper and it didn't disappear when Jongdae just pulled him along till they got to his desk.

His desk which had a big bouquet of red roses.

A smile lit up on His face. Kyungsoo loved flowers. He only snapped out of a trance only when he heard his bestfriend snicked beside him.

"Must be from someone,huh?" He nudged at Kyungsoo who rolled his eyes as he knew who the latter meant. Jongin.

Nontheless, curiousiry got the better of him as he slowly and carefully picked up the bouquet when Jongdae decided to be useful and told everyone to mind their own business and give Kyungsoo some private time.

Kyungsoo smelled the roses and smiled heartfully when he got that familiar aromatic smell. He just loved that.

Somewhere in the corner where especially Kyungsoo couldn't see, there was someone who turned to leave with a big fat satisfied grin after he saw Kyungsoo's reaction to his present.

Kyungsoo's lips formed an O when he finally noticed a small rectangular gray box on his desk when he was about to put the bouquet down. He hesitantly opened the box which later revealed a well known expensive brand black leather wallet. He frowned slightly as he hurried to open the paper attached to it.

'You should throw away your old nearly torn wallet by now and use this good expensive one! :)
P.s- i don't put in any credit card in here tho ;)'

All the fluttered feelings and appreciaion had thrown out away in a second he read that. Kyungsoo crumpled the paper so hard in his hand as he wanted to throw away what was in front of him.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Jongin waited patiently in the parking lot in his car and searched for any sign of the older male appearing there but it had been like 30 minutes and yet he didn't see Kyungsoo.

Just when he was about to give up, he saw the friend Kyungsoo had mentioned to him before. Jongdae.

He beamed in delight as he got out of the car to call out to the other male who was appearntly shocked when he saw him.

"Hi!" He greeted energetically at Jongdae who was still surprised.

"He--hello"

"You are Kyungsoo hyung's friend right?" He asked, directly someow feeling shy too. Jongdae just nodded.

"Is he still in the office? I was waiting for him to go back together but he's not here yet."

"urm……Kyungsoo already went back though…" Jongdae replied awkwardly and the smile on Jongin's face dropped immediately.

"Oh…..I see…urm....thanks anyway!" He turned back,not waiting to here what the other replied.

Jongin was puzzled at why Kyungsoo didn't wait for him. He fixed everything,right? He gave Kyungsoo a nice expensice present and he saw Kyungsoo smiling at it too.

Maybe he's too shy to face me yet.

With that conclusion and big satisfied grin on his face, he proceeded to start and go home happily.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

The large living room was rid of Kyungsoo's presence and Jongin's steps hurried to the older's room with nervousness eating him up alive.

However,at the corner of his eyes, he caught a sight of the familiar bouquet at the corner of the room. In the trash bin.

Jongin halted as he frowned about why it was there. He was gonna ask Kyungsoo that. Right.

"Knock knock" He joked lamely as he knocked on the door and opened it slowly to reveal Kyungsoo in his causal clothes and at his desk. The older male's face hardened at the sight of him yet Jongin took no notice of it at all.

"So.....how's my present? Do you like it? Have you already thrown away your old one? And why is the roses in the bin?" Jongin rumbled on as nervousness at seeing Kyungsoo took over him. Due to that, he didn't see Kyungsoo grabbing the familiar gray box and threw it in his direction,right into his face.

"WHAT THE FUCK !?" Jongin groaned in pain, hand covering the area right aboce his eyebrow where that thibg hitm "WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT!?" He exclaimed in shock as he looked up at Kyubgsoo.

"WHY!? YOU ASKED ME WHY!? YOU TRURLY ARE AN ASSHOLE!" Jongin just stared, shocked at thr enraged Kyungsoo who was red in his face now.

"I--I don't understand--" Kyungsoo scoffed loudly.

"Don't act dumb. I know you give me that wallet and what? You think i want your credit cards!? I may be poor and agree to this stupid shitty agteement with you all bacuse I really needed it!But that doesn't mean you can downgrade me like that!" The younger shook his head vigorously.

"That's not my intention,i swear!" He tried to explain as he stepped closer to Kyungsoo who only moved further back from him. "I--I just want to give you a gift. I was joking about my cards and stuff---Kyungsoo--I thoughy you didn't have time to buy the new wallet so--"

"My wallet." Kyungsoo suddenly started. "That was my parents's early graduation present." The older looked him up with a smile which suddenly pained Jongin so much. He was smiling,yes. But not the happy one. "Before they passed away."

"I'm----I'm sorry. I don't mean any of it--" Jongin apoligized again as the tears were now starting to well up in his eyes.

"Of course. You won't know about family values. Someone like you who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and have risen up to the top with his background." At that, Kyungsoo suddenly stopped,knowing he took this too far based on the flash of hurt expression on Jongin's face. But the younger quickly sealed it.

"Right." Jongin nodded, swallowing the heavy feelung down. "You are right...Please just know that....I just really want to say sorry for everything I have ever done..I am sorry." With that and not even a singke glacr at Kyubgsoo anymore, he went out and closed the door softly.
Leaving Kyungsoo all alone with a suddenly suffocating silence with the present box still sprawled on the floor.

A/n- hope u enjoy this chapter!!