-5-

The bright light of the morning sun shone through the blinds, creating a sort of halo in the room, as Yoongi made his way though the door.

He knew he had come too late, and she wasn't going to be happy with that.

"Where were you." A voice spoke starling Yoongi as he creeped through the room. Speak of the devil, he thought as he smiled at the lady.

"I was at...work." He replied, seeing the woman's eyes grow narrower.

"Yoongi, are you still going at those underground rap shows? You know how dangerous they can be."

The black haired male only rolled his eyes at the statement. He brought his hand up to show a plastic bag full of food.

"I've bought food." But the woman's face didn't light up. Instead, it morphed into an even deeper frown.

"Come on, don't give me that look!" He tried lightening up the mood as he hurriedly took a seat next to her on the bed and began opening the many take-outs he had bought.

The woman eyes him before sighing in defeat.

"Honey. You know you can't live like this, right? You need a stable job and a good salary to fetch you daily bread. You don't have to take care of me all the time. You have a life apart from me."

"Mom, you know I'm trying my hardest to get a job. And I might even land this one! I'm sure of it." Yoongi lied to his mother, thinking that she'd rather be happy knowing her son was about to get a good job than to know that he had ruined his chances of ever being employed.

"Then go there and do your work. Stop wasting time on me!" The weak hand of his mother rested on his pale ones, and that's when Yoongi realised how real this all was.

"So you're telling me I just forget about you, and not take care of you after all the horrible things that man has done to you?" Yoongi spoke, rather calmly as he tried to surpress his anger.

"Leave your father out of this. He may have been bad but he is serving for his crimes in prison." His mother spoke sternly causing the male to abruptly stand up.

"How can you defend a man that almost killed you?" He yelled, gaining attention of the nearby nurses and doctors around the hospital lobby. "Look at what state he's thrown you into!"

"I'm in no way defending him! What he did was wrong, but you most certainly shouldn't disregard him. He is your biological father!" Although it pained herself to say such things about the man that had tortured her horribly, Yoongi's mother tried to be the better one in the relationship and tried her very best to make Yoongi realise that he was still his father and that he held an equal place in his world.

Especially now since she had no clue how long she'd live for.

"I will never respect a man that abused my mother. Biological or not, I most certainly won't call that disgusting man as my father!" Yoongi's loud voice drowned the constant high pitched beeping of the heart monitor.

With his fists curled up, and the blood rushing to his head, he glared at his mother who equally glared at him. The mother-son duo was indeed quite fierce, which really wasn't a surprise as the boy had inherited the hard-headedness of his mother after all.

Just then, the door was opened, and in came a man clad in a white lab coat.

He rushed towards the heart monitor before helping Yoongi's mother calm down. He couldn't have his patient's monitor blowing up, as that wasn't very responsible as a doctor.