"I promised Haldir I would take care of you. I'm keeping that promise." Aragorn said. Haldir. My friend. The vision of him dying at the Helm's deep came flowing to my mind. He was more dear to me than I realized.

"And you're keeping that promise by torturing me with crazy questions?" I said, trying to erase the vision. I didn't want to see it anymore, but it kept coming.

"I suppose I am." Aragorn answered. But I wasn't really paying attention to his words. A new vision came to me. A memory when I first met Haldir.

flashbacks

young Taurieth was visiting Lothlorien to visit her uncle with her mom. They reached the border, and found an escort waiting for them. There was a little boy, about the age as Taurieth, holding tight to an elf's cloths.

"Lady Luiel, it is a pleasure to meet you. Lord Celeborn sent us to bring you and your daughter safely." the elf said. They continued their road, and met Celeborn.

"Luiel! it is good to see you." Celeborn said, hugging his long time no see sister.

"Me too. Taurieth, what are you doing?" Luiel said, confused. Taurieth was trying to see what the young elf who hid behind his father looked like, but it was hard. Every time she came close to looking at him, he kept running away.

"I'm trying to look a this face, nana!" Taurieth shouted back, running after the elf.

"Haldir! Come here!" Celeborn yelled. The elfling stopped running and came stood in front of Celeborn. Taurieth came too, and she finally got to see what his face looked like. he had light blond hair, and his eyes were a shade of blue-grey.

"You two will play with each other until I come back, understand?" Celeborn said. Luiel looked at him. it was not normal for her brother to just pair up her daughter with another elfling. usually he would just call for a maid to take care of her. Taurieth's face brightened up, and before anyone could say anything, she took Haldir's hand and ran away to show him something. when they reached the place, which was a small tree house in the middle of the woods, she climbed and motioned for Haldir to do the same. When they were inside the treehouse, Taurieth started talking.

"my name is Taurieth. I know your name is Haldir. I wonder why uncle Celebie told me to play with you. But I'm so glad I can. it's really boring with the maid. they don't know how to spend the time except for telling me old stories. and they're so boring. We can do all sorts of things here. there's no one to tell us do this do that. so, what would you like to do?" she said this very quickly, so Haldir was surprised. but he had a feeling that she would be a great friend.

"do you want to be friends with me?" he asked. Taurieth looked at him like he was some kind of freak.

"of course I do! we're gonna be the besties forever and ever, Haldie!" Taurieth answered.

back to present

"Taurieth?" I was snapped out from my thoughts by Aragorn calling my name. Oh, right. I was in Rohan, not at Lothlorien.

"Sorry. I was thinking." I replied. Aragorn looked at me suspiciously, but I faked the most inoccent look I could fake.

"Ok, then." Aragorn said. And we sat in the silence again. Haldir wasn't just any friend. He was my best friend.

"Taurieth? How did you know Haldir?" Aragorn inquired. I was expecting this sort of question, but I was surprised that he didn't ask earlier. Aragorn looked at me, curious for the answer. I took a deep breath. At least I should answer this question. I've skipped most of his questions before.