235a.) Pictures

235a.) Pictures

Genera: Humor, Family, Hurt/Comfort

Main Characters: Matsumoto, Ichigo, Toshiro

Rating: K

There was nothing for Kurosaki Ichigo to do. So, while he was in Soul Society, someone came up with the bright idea for him to reorganize the tenth division bookshelves in the office. Hitsugaya had been livid, but as it had been an order, he just accepted it. Ichigo soon found himself in a spot of trouble, as the organization system of the books was rather odd, yet familiar.

"Is there any particular reason why these are organized the way that they are?" Ichigo asked suddenly.

"How should I know?" Toshiro commented, working on the paperwork.

"Taicho… could you do me a favor?" Matsumoto suddenly stated from her desk. "Can you make that lovely tea that you make? My throat is parched!"

Toshiro glared at her, and the temperature in the room dropped, however, he got up to leave. "Please make sure she doesn't sneak off…"

"Toshiro makes … wonderful tea," Ichigo shook his head in disbelief.

"He thinks it is a skill that makes him seem… more mature," Rangiku waved her hand. "I let him think that."

"Why did you want him out of here?" Ichigo stated, picking up one book, which seemed to be a photo album.

"It's just that, I didn't want him to be here when I brought up our former taicho… the man was starting to get taicho to open up before he… I guess died," came the sad reply. "It was his system… Hitsugaya-kun's refused to change anything. I mean, not even the captain's quarters changed decorum, and that is usually the first thing to change."

"I see," Ichigo suddenly let out a small snort as he tried to suppress his laughter.

"What ever is the matter?' Rangiku was suddenly confused.

"Just that…" Ichigo held up the album and pointed to a picture. "These pictures are just like what my dad takes of my little sisters… and me when I was younger. Mondo cute and also… as some people put it…"

"Darling?" Matsumoto suddenly chuckled. "Those pictures of you know who were taken by our taicho. He had the knack of bringing out… what he wanted in a picture."

Ichigo continued to rifle through the pictures, as Toshiro came into the room. The young taicho over heard the soft chuckle. "Oi, Kurosaki, you are supposed to be working… not looking through those stupid pictures."

However, Ichigo's face suddenly turned to one of shock. Toshiro set the tea tray down on Matsumoto's desk. He held out his hand. "Please… as you probably just found out, there are some rather… embarrassing pictures in there… I would rather you not see."

"Hey… Toshiro…"

"That is Captain Hitsugaya," came the snappish reply.

"Let's say one of the taichos were to die, but didn't really, but has been living in the living world…" Ichigo stated, only to be interrupted.

"As if that could happen. It would depend on the circumstances behind everything… and anyways… I figure that Yamamoto would be lenient. But I don't imagine that happening, as it never has," Toshiro muttered, reaching his hand out for the photo album.

"Hey, can I ask you a question about your former taicho?" Ichigo suddenly asked, causing Matsumoto to pale.

"Hell no…" Toshiro was irritated.

"I need to ask, if your taicho's name was Isshin?" Ichigo muttered, causing Toshiro to startle and his eyes to go wide, while Matsumoto let out a groan and hurried out of the room to escape the wrath of her small taicho.

"Yes… you found a picture of him, didn't you… he's alive… isn't he?" Toshiro muttered.

"Yes… I guess… if they are the same person… this whole book system is just like his wacky system now that I think about it… and he took similar pictures of me when I was younger, and still takes them of my sisters,"

"You have more then one sister…" Toshiro muttered, then suddenly paled. "You and Karin are related to him…"

"He's our father…" Ichigo muttered. He watched as Toshiro's head sunk into his folded his arms. "Are you all right?"

"Just tired."

"Do you wish for me to leave you alone?" Ichigo suddenly asked.

"No… please don't…"