I Was Alone So Long

It was chaos within the walls of the prison, a burly man with a beard had Rick on his knees and was aiming his pistol directly between his eyes while an overweight balding man had his own rifle aimed at the crowd that had gathered

Daryl was the first to push through, his cross bow raised and the angriest snarl Ellie had ever seen playing on his lips. Merle reached for her wrist and pulled her into his side directly beside a shaking Sophia and Carol.

"What the hell?" Ellie whispered, what had she just walked into?

"The taller ones Thomas, he's lost his shit, says he's sick of Rick leadin' threatened to shoot us all if we moved. That's Big Tiny....Ain't right.. they ain't right." Merle grumbled, his grip tightening on Ellie's shoulder.

"You all wanted a leader! What has he done for us?! Let our people die.. let his own wife die!" The man Ellie now knew as Thomas was shouting, waving his gun and laughing bitterly. "He's failed us all! Let the Governor right onto our land.. our home! He's killed our people!"

Hershel stepped forward cautiously
"Thomas, lets talk about this. Let's not be irrational."

There was something wild in the man's eyes. There wouldn't be reasoning, he couldn't hear it over his own thoughts Ellie recognized the look on his face.

"What do you know old man? You'd lick his boots if he asked you.." big tiny chuckled and clicked the trigger. He leaned back against the wall casually scanning the room through the scope of his rifle.

"Once we get rid of him we can start fresh.. I can lead you people to safety, get us out of this damn death filled hole he's buried us in." Thomas pushed the gun closer to ricks head and that's when Ellie heard it...

A tiny strangled gasp came from behind her, she turned slowly to see Carl staring at the scene with dripping, wide eyes and shaking hands on his own gun. He was terrified for his father.. he was going to do something reckless and there was no way Ellie was going to let this little boy kill anyone. She wasn't letting him live with that on his conscience, not yet at least.

So she turned back around, dug into her combat boot and gripped the two lightweight hunting knives And braced her shoulders.

"Get the kids out." Ellie whispered to Carol, the older woman turning to her with wide, confused eyes.