While Lexa's parents were completely awful and she absolutely hated them, they were still exactly that – her parents.

"It really is just a, fucked up fluke," Raven added, her tone holding a bit of awe. When everyone looked at her, she defended with a very Raven like chuckle. "What? Come on, admit it. On the grand scale of things, this is pretty fucked up."

Everyone chuckled a little bit at that, even Clarke, she couldn't help it. None of them could deny that yes, on the grand scale of things this was indeed, pretty fucked up.

"So, what now?" Bellamy finally asked.
"Now nothing," Clarke shrugged as she picked up her purse. "I'm going to take my ass into the ladies room and try to make myself look halfway presentable. I have a party to get back to."

Everyone nodded in agreement and the crowd dispersed. As Clarke made her way towards the ladies room though, she couldn't help but glance into the room where the repast was, but she did see Lexa, or Anya for that matter.

"She's not there," Raven said in her ear and she turned. "They left."
"Good," Clarke shrugged unconvincingly. "One less thing to worry about."

A few minutes later Clarke and Raven rejoined the party. As soon as Clarke's eyes fell on the scene she looked at Raven with almost pleading eyes. "All hands on deck, right?" She questioned nervously while her blue eyes appeared both hopeful and saddened.
"For you? Of course," Raven nodded affectionately and nudged her. "Come on. I'll get you a drink."
Clarke nodded, trying to reassure herself. She took a deep breath.
"All better then?" Wells asked as he appeared at her side.
"I'm fine," Clarke smiled as she wrapped her arms loosely around his waist.
"Good," he nodded and placed a quick kiss on her forehead.

The rest of the party went off without a hitch. Clarke moved through the night chatting and drinking with her friends, family and soon to be new family. Everyone was doing their best to keep her mind off what had happened in the bar earlier, but no one could really keep her mind of the fact that Lexa was now back and possibly for good.

"So, what was all of that about earlier?" Wells questioned as they entered their apartment sometime later.
"It was nothing," Clarke insisted as she slipped off her heels and tossed her purse onto the couch. She walked into the kitchen and poured herself a drink.
"Will you really not tell me?" Wells asked from the doorway. "I know that you were upset."
Clarke sighed and took a sip of her drink. The last thing in the world that she wanted to do right now was discuss her former lover with her fiancé. "I just really don't want to talk about it."
Wells nodded as he pulled off his tie. "I take it you won't be coming to bed then?" He motioned to her drink.
As Clarke looked up at him, a sadness building in her heart. "I'm sorry," she sighed. "I'll be in after a while."
"Right," he said unbuttoning his shirt. "No problem." he kissed her cheek and then retired for the night.

An hour later, Clarke sat in her dark kitchen with a stiff drink in one hand and a picture of her and Lexa in the other. Her mind was floating dangerously on memories of the woman that she had long since come to believe she would never meet again. She remembered the night they had met and though she had been insanely drunk, it was a memory that still burned vividly in her mind. They were three weeks into another college year when an impromptu party crossed her and Lexa's paths and at the time she had no idea how much that night would change her.

***********************************************************************************************

"Holy shit, there are a lot of people here!" Clarke yelled over the loud, obnoxious music that filled the house.
"A lot of yummy people," Raven grinned back. "It's like an eye candy buffet!"
"You're drooling, Raven!" Clarke laughed and shook her head.
Raven laughed and jokingly wiped her chin. "Come on, let's get a drink," she motioned toward a near by table, littered with bottles.