Chater 6

A/N
Hey guys! Just wanted to say thank you so so much for 252 reads. I know it might not be a lot but it still means a lot to me nonetheless! Thats all I have to say! Enjoy!
____________________
Skye
When I arrived, I saw Maxen leaning against his expensive, black car. He had a somehow... unsettling face. I felt a bit nervous as that was the first emotion I've seen him show since the first time I met him. I slowly walk towards him as he notices me. He gestures me to walk faster, as I do just that.

I stand next to him, looking straight instead of his face.

"Hey." He said next to me.

"Hey." I said in the same tone. We stay in an awkward silence for a few minutes as he also stares straight but with a... faraway look on his face.

"Um... listen I-" I started but got interrupted when someone- I assume is a male from their large hand. They forcefully turn me around, confusion on me and Maxen's face. When I turn around I see a man. With a bloody knife. And blood trickling down their arm until their rolled up sleeve.

All of a sudden everything goes in slow motion. My vision blurs as I try to move. I fall to the ground, having my very rare, full blown anxiety attack. I start shaking as tears start falling down my face. Flashbacks hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't handle it anymore as I slowly slip out of consciousness.

The last thing I hear were deep moans of pain coming from two men and Maxen's faraway voice calling out my name.

And thats when I let myself get engulfed by darkness.

. . .

I woke up in a hospital room, not being able to open my eyes as the light was too bright. After a few minutes I slowly open my eyes and see my mom, my dad, James and... Maxen.

"Oh Skye." I heard my mom say, tears on her flushed cheeks. I felt her arms wrap around my shoulders as I felt tears at the brim of my eyes. More flashbacks come and go as they made the tears fall down.

Suddenly I heard Maxen's soft voice telling everyone politely to leave the room as he wanted some 'alone time'.
When everyone left it was only me and Maxen in the room. He sat at a chair next to my bed, looking at me with... guilt?

"How long was I out?" I asked in a harsh tone.

"2 days." He answered, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Hey. Whats wrong?" I asked in a soft voice. I noticed a small bruise under his eye and a small scar on the edge if his lips. I was beyond confused as to why he looked so nervous.

"Im sorry. I really am. I should've stopped him I-"

"Maxen. Why are you apologizing? Its not your fault."

Maxen

Her voice sounded confident but at the same time weak and small. Ever since that day, I couldn't help but feel guilty for what happened. If I didn't invite her to the park, then she wouldn't have had that anxiety attack. I wouldn't leave her side even when her parents insisted for me to leave.

"I feel- I feel very guilty. I mean, if I didn't invite you to that park then you wouldn't be here." I said, looking at her beautiful blue eyes.

"Maxen yo-" she started but I interrupted her.

"You can call me Max." I said with a smile.

"Max. you really shouldn't be sorry or feel guilty. Im honestly happy that you invited me there because if you didn't we wouldn't have been talking right now, now would we?" she said, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

I opened my mouth to reply, but got interrupted by the door opening and the doctor coming in. I turn around looking at him. 

"Am I interrupted something?" he asked in a questioning tone.

"No no. not at all doctor." I reply in a manly way, straightening my posture.

"Good. I just wanted to tell you that Skye is free to leave now. She looks fairly healthy and is able to go to school. I have informed her parents about this. I just need to check up on her one last time and I'll let her go." He said with a smile.

"Thank you doctor." I heard Skye's voice say from behind me.

"My pleasure." He replied.

As I was passing him, I told him a quick thank you and left the room. No matter what she says, the guilt will never leave me.
____________________
Hey guys! this chapter might be a bit short but I promise I will make the next one longer. Ly! bye!
Credits to: @Farida200517
ly ♥️