Chapter 5

A/N The flashbacks are finished. This is the present. Just a heads up. Enjoy!
____________________
Skye
It is currently Saturday. Im lying on my bed, not bothered to do my History homework. I stare at my ceiling, remembering the night that has been haunting me ever since it happened. I try to forget it I really do but every time I walk down the hall I remember that terrifying face. He still haunts my dreams. And the fact that he escaped the house and now still able to do the same thing to other people still sends shivers down my spine.
Just when I was about to drift off to sleep, I heard my mom shouting up the stairs for me and James that dinner is ready.

I still didnt tell her about dad. I know its wrong for me to keep from her but I just can never find the right place or time. I was determined to tell her tomorrow after school as I know dad wouldnt be home until later that night.

I walk down the stairs, flashbacks still coming here and there but not as much as it has before.

As we were eating, I got a message from an unknown number.

Hey.

I was very confused as to who this was but answered anyways.

Hey. Who's this?

As I was waiting for a response, James noticed my confused face, as he looked at me with suspicious eyes.

"Who's that?" He asked.

"Just a friend." I answered. He gave me another suspicious look but let the subject go as he continued eating.

Its me Maxen Sargent.

I chocked on my spaghetti, as I remembered what Amanda said.

"Wooah Skye! Are you okay?" James said.

"Here. Drink some water." My mom said handing me a cup of water. I gladly drink it, the water instantly relaxing me.

I stared at my phone, not being able to respond as to how confused I was. After a few minutes, I pick my phone up, deciding to reply.

Maxen? How did you get my number?

It doesn't matter how. I just need to see you asap.

Where? And why?

I asked. Confused more than ever that Maxen himself wants to see me.

Meet me at Clearview Park. I'll tell you when you get there.

And thats all it took for me to send a quick 'ok' and excuse myself from the table.
___________________
A/N
Hey guys. I know this chapter is really short but dont worry Im gonna make the next few ones more longer. Once again please vote and comment. It would really make my day. Ly ♥️