Chapter 29

WOW, OKAY IT'S BEEN A REALLY LONG TIME AND I'M SO SO SORRY BUT PLEASE HEAR ME OUT WHEN I SAY I HAVE SCHOOL WORK, A GRANDMA IN THE HOSPITAL SO I HAVE TO BABYSIT ALL THE BRATS SHE USUALLY DOES, I'VE BEEN SICK, AND I'VE JUST BEEN EXHAUSTED. I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHITTY, BUT PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND I'LL DO MY BEST TO UPDATE ASAP. LOVE YOU ALL xx

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. (this will be my author's note okay, love you guys)

---------------------------

♡ chapter 29 

Daniel’s P.O.V.

(because you guys asked for it xx)

            What do you do when you’re stuck in the middle of a gruesome battle against highly armed guards with little manpower to fight against it? Well, normal people fight back in the same gruesome manner. Those people understand and grasp the rules of fighting. And the main thing?

            They aren’t me.

            Instead of being some sort of brave hero, as soon as I heard a dying person scream, I went in armadillo position behind the bolder Harry had ducked behind when he rescued Rose. Actually, I helped rescued Rose, didn’t I? Harry told me I had done a good job. It’s weird to hear those kinds of words directed towards me. I’ve been told I’m kind of a natural born screw up.

            While I was trying to pull myself together and muster up the guts to jump out and slay some guards, Louis’ body had been thrown back beside me. He landed with a thump, groaning before getting in a crouching positon.

            “Are you okay?” I asked as he crawled over behind the rock.

            Louis spit blood from his mouth. “I don’t know. Am I dead?”

            “No…”

            “Then I’m fine.”

            Pursing my lips, I jumped once more when hearing the sickening crunch of a body slapping against the trunk of a tree. They’ve been hitting right next to me, not helping to settle my nerves at all.

            “What the hell are you doing?” Louis asked in a low voice, sounding close to a grumble.

            “Me?”

            “No, the fucking rock behind you.”

            I frowned. “Sorry…”

            Louis rolled his eyes. “Are you scared or something? First time fighting? That kind of thing?”

            “Somewhat.”

            Louis sighed, ruffling his hair a bit. “Well hiding behind an oversized rock like a coward isn’t going to solve anything. If you want to be helpful, do something.”

            “But I can’t do anything.”

            “You can walk, can’t you?”

            “Well, yeah.”

            “You can talk, run, eat, laugh, cry, smile, frown, sleep, right?”

            “What’s your point? Those are all normal things.”

            Louis shot me a crooked smirk. “Sometimes the normal things are the extraordinary ones.”