Chapter 11

♡ chapter 11 - Harry ♡

            Horror movie. How fucking cliché, right? Zayn insisted that scary movies would spice up the atmosphere considering the past couple of hectic days we hardly made it through. And so now, here I am, sitting next to Rose on the couch (wishing I could be closer, but not in the mood to be cremated), and watching something as stupid as The Conjuring. I honestly don’t see what’s so fucking scary about it, but each one of these pansies jump at the slightest noise.

            Maybe it’s because I’m Harry Styles and I’m not scared of anything, or maybe it’s because I’m so fucking livid right now watching Rose cuddle into Jessie’s chest with every spooky scene that occurs. I mean, I know I’m not much of comfort considering she (sadly) can’t cling to me like that, but does it have to be Jessie? My brother that I absolutely, positively cannot stand?

            Then again, Jessie seemed to be the only person in this room Rose can touch without burning the shit out of. But it still pisses me off that I can’t be the one she snuggling against because she’s scared. I don’t want Rose to fear anything, especially not a pathetic movie like this, and especially not with me around to keep her safe. As cliché and pathetic as it fucking sounds, it’s suffocating me to see her with another guy, especially my brother. I don’t want to see her with anyone other than me.

            And yet I can’t even hold her hand without fearing my arm will turn to ashes.

            What a fucking fairytale, right?

            Puffing out air from my cheeks, I let my temple fall onto my fist as my hand propped my up, my eyes unamusingly watching the movie at play. Something dodged at the camera quickly, causing practically everyone to squeal like girls and I caught sight of Rose burying her face in Jessie’s chest before slowly peeking out. The action would’ve been adorable if it were me she were cuddling in to.

            And Jessie was enjoying the attention from Rose far too much.

            The satisfied smirk on his lips was evident as he hooked his arm around her, rubbing her arm as if to comfort her. My hands curled into tight fists as I tore my eyes from the scene, chewing my bottom lip furiously and even drawing a little blood. But I didn’t fucking care, I was too pissed to care. And even though it’s quite obvious, I will be pathetic and admit that I’m jealous. I’m incredibly jealous. Jessie gets to hold the girl I’ve been dying to hold for a few weeks now. He doesn’t have to worry about burning to ashes, or even getting stinging blisters on his hand. He just gets to do it, and that pisses me off even more.

            When the movie finally ended, I was more than relieved. I was sick and tired of sitting on this couch, watching this disgusting cuddling session happening next to me.

            It wouldn’t be disgusting if it were me…

            Shaking my head to rid those thoughts, I stand from the couch just as an idea strikes me. Jessie looked as if he were about to say something to Rose as she heaved both hands through her hair, her half empty bag of M&Ms sitting on the table. The little turd wouldn’t let anyone have any, but I honestly found it pretty adorable. Not to mention the way her eyes lit up when she saw them and—

            Focus, dammit.

            “Rose, can I talk to you?” I said just as Jessie was opening his mouth. He glanced to me, and I was positive there was resentment in his eyes.