"Look at the time," Eliza said, turning at her wristwatch. "I should head to the grocery store or something." She blurted out, hurrying into her office.

Dema frowned. She had just managed to upset her mom. Dema had always thought of her mom as strong, she'd never cry. But now, she realized, she was just hiding her feelings behind her big goofy smile.

She'd always joke around, about being an old widow, or a single mother. Dema remembered, she'd never seen her mother shed a single tear.

Suddenly, Dema realized she heard Jacob's thoughts, a lot louder than usual. His thoughts were usually intense, but this was different. Dema squinted her eyes in thought, trying to figure out what had happened with Jake. She could sense he was close.

She turned her head at the kitchen window. Jacob's car is parked in front of Bella's driveway. A second later, Bella climbs out of the car. A frown on her face, she looks angry. She's holding her wrist with her hand.

An instant later, Edward's shiny black Volvo speeds down the road, screeching to a stop. Edward dashes out of the car and heads directly towards Jacob.

Dema immediately bolts out of her house.

Bella's eyes widen as she notices Edward's presence. "Edward, No."

"If you ever touch her against her will again." Edward threatens as he grabs Jacob by his shirt. Jacob pushes him away, a glare on his face.

"Woah, back off Eddie-boy," Dema says, getting completely ignored.

"Don't do this here." Bella pleads, standing between them. Dema arrives just in time, pulling Bella away.

"You don't want to get crushed to death by two testosterone-filled mythical creatures!" Dema exclaims, grabbing onto Bella.

"She's not sure what she wants." Jacob spat at Edward. Dema could only feel Jake's anger. She heard his loud thoughts echoing through her mind.

That's when she realized, Jacob had kissed Bella.

And Bella didn't want to be kissed.

"Don't do this here," Bella says, even louder.

"Well, let me give you a clue. Wait for her to say the words." Edward tells him, inches away from each other.

"Fine. And she will." Jacob said, a small smirk on his face.

"Jacob. Just go, okay." Bella pleads. Dema nods, letting go of Bella.

"That wasn't cool, Jake," Dema whispered as she reached for his hand. "Let's just go." He swats his hand away, glaring at her.

Charlie sees the commotion outside and rushes out of his house. He's got a few rustled papers on one hand.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey... Easy guys, easy. Let's take it down a notch. Alright? What's going on?" Charlie asks, his head turning from the vampire to the wolf.

"I kissed Bella. And she broke her hand... Punching my face." Jacob says slowly. Charlie's puzzled expression drops as he glared at Jacob. "Total misunderstanding."

At this, Dema snorts.

"Oh. I see." Charlie nods. "Both of you should leave." He says, pushing them apart.

Dema notices he's holding a paper on one of his hands. She frowns, tilting her head to one side. It was a 'Have you seen me?' flier. But that's not what caught her attention.

"Hey, Charlie?" She asked as he turned at her questioningly. "Can I see that?"

"Sure." He hands her the paper. His eyes lingering on her, as she stares at the photo in thought.