Prologue - Chapter 0

Our story begins with the sight of a wide, open plateau. It is dusk and the stars were just appearing in the sky, slowly beginning to mock the appearance of a diamond incrested ceiling within a dimly lit room. Crickets would chirp as a wave surfed through the tall grass, the nightly breeze was cool and soothing as it gently ran over the surface of your barren skin. The croaking of nearby amphibians would echo from a small distance away as you rest with your hands behind your neck, the prickly yet soft texture of somewhat freshly harvested hay would tickle at the backend of your head. A fully revealed moon would illuminate itself beautifully in the night sky, half of the celestial object being tucked in by a blanket of barely transparent clouds.

The smell of evergreen would graze your nostrils, giving the faint nostalgia of being in a thick portion of a massive, dark wood forest. The breeze against the leaves of the somewhat large trees would aid in the illusive daydream as you allowed your eyelids to develop their own weight and droop to your cheekbones.

"Mother should be making us something to eat in a matter of hours, Silo. Should we-..."
A young, male voice would speak with a soft monotone as your vision slowly begins to fade black from drowsiness. The loss of consciousness beginning to take it's toll on your assumably young mind, subconsciousness was all in control from here- how relaxing.

"I-I'm... enjoying the scenery right now... Barnes... Hmn...", Silo would mutter lazily before turning his back toward the innocent Barnes. Curling his arm beside his head and using it as a pillow would allow his weariness to increase quite immensely.

"-Enjoying the scenery, Silo?! Haha, but you're eyes aren't even open you lunatic..!"

"I can see through my eyelids, Barnes. Do not underestimate my... er-"

"Greatness..? I'm shaking in my sandals, Silo. What else can you do, hit m- OW! Hey, watch it!!"

"Not my fault, you were wide open, Barnes."

"Well, i'm not sure about you, Silo, but I believe Mother wants us home before dark. So i'll be taking my leave I suppose. She should have dinner ready by the time we get there if that is enough to deter you into following behind me."

"How about a race?! Last one there has to- uhh..."

"Launder Father's undergarments!!"

"Gh-?! You're on!!"