Let Me Help.

There's a very pale blush on the brunette's face as you push him down to the sofa with one hand, being careful not to worsen his injuries in the process, a bag of frozen peas being held in your free palm.

"Here, just stay still, okay?" With that you press the bag of peas to Drake's bruised stomach earning a small gasp from his lips as his body stiffens, his shoulders tensing and quite frankly, you're surprised.

The man doesn't care about anti-bacterial spray but a bag of frozen peas is out of the question? Unbelievable. 

Drake's hand resting over yours as he assists with holding the peas into place, his face slowly turning more and more red by the second as he avoids your gaze, his breathing a bit ragged.

"[F/n], it's fine--"

"How long has this been going on?" The question just barges it's way out of your mouth without a second thought, the male merely raising a brow, his gaze still glued to the coffee table off to the side. "I know you didn't fall down the stairs, Drake."

A bit of a giveaway when the bruises are shaped like the bottom of a boot.

There's a silence, the only sound echoing throughout the room is the subtle clicks of the hands on your clock. 

You understand it though, just by observing the man, he can't even bring himself to look you in the eye and his body has tensed and stiffened even more in the past few seconds.

He's embarrassed... 

"It won't matter for much longer," The brunette finally murmurs as you release your grip from the peas, he probably thinks you're about to walk away when in fact, you're just reaching for the tissues so that you can clean up his still-bleeding lip. "Soon I'll have the cash I need to get my own place."

Your eyes observantly watch his face, listening closely to his plan as you gently press the white material to his lower lip. 

"I almost had the money before but when he found where I kept it, he took it away and kicked the crap out of me for keeping such a fortune to myself." There's nothing but disdain in his tone, such a sight troubles you, you've never seen him so hateful.

Not even when you two bickered back and forth or insulted each other, he always seemed to have some composure when dealing with your sass but right now, that composure is crumbling.

"You asked me how long this has been going on and honestly, I don't even know. As long as I can remember, I guess."

Even when he was just a child?

Drake's orbs finally drifting to meet your gaze, the boy harbouring a slight pout that under different circumstances, you'd find adorable. "But don't look at me like that, I'm not a victim." 

"Of course." Your voice actually not holding any form of irony in it, a gentle smile gracing your lips as you wipe up the last of the blood from his lip, the cut is still weeping a little but nowhere near as bad as it was before. "You're a strong man, brave too, not many people would still have the spirit left to live after being put through such a thing..." 

The brunette's eyes widening slightly as he stares at you in shock, he honestly hadn't told anybody about his father before, he was too ashamed. 

Sure, some people were observant and guessed as much like Dr. Urouge and his best friend, Trafalgar Law but nobody found out by being told directly, not until now.

"Listen," Your request pulls in Drake's attention immediately, whether he likes to admit it or not, he hangs onto your every word. Now more than ever. "I don't see a victim when I look at you, Drake. I see a fighter." 

And just like that, you've sent the man reeling.

His blue orbs still staring at you widely and his mouth falling slightly ajar, you can't help but find him cute like this though, he looks so damn innocent. 

"Th-Thanks..." His delayed response is barely audible, making you chuckle softly as you lay your hand back over the frozen peas on his stomach, your heart clenching in your chest as you smile down at your frenemy. 

"Don't thank me for feeding your ego, you jerk." Your words are playful as you give the male a gentle slap on the shoulder with your free hand, mainly trying to convince him that you're not looking at him any differently. 

You'd wager that if you suddenly started acting more friendly toward him, he'd only think you're doing it out of pity.

Sure, you feel sorry for him and you hate his father for how he treats the man but you don't think he's weak, you genuinely admire him for his strength and bravery. 

I had no idea what he goes through...

You only find yourself getting lost when you stare back into his eyes though, there's a shimmer of something in his gaze that you can't quite comprehend, a fondness perhaps.

Little do you realize that he has actually always looked at you like this, you were just too blinded by your apparent hatred to notice it.

There's some kind of invisible force pulling you toward the man, your faces are already so close, only a couple of inches apart although you're finding yourself closing the gap little by little.

Should I...?

Drake's hand coming up to rest on your hip as he gently tugs you closer, his lips finally connecting with yours and causing something to explode inside your chest, possibly your heart.

A small part of you is tempted to push him away, telling you that he isn't thinking straight but you end up doing the exact opposite, you arms wrapping themselves around his neck as you deepen the kiss.

A low grunt escapes his throat as you brush against the wound on his mouth but he doesn't break the contact at all, his digits taking a slight grip on your shirt as if you were his lifeline and his tongue tenderly passing along your lips, asking for entrance.

Of course, you happily grant it to him, your tongue wrestling with his as you reposition your body above his.

Your legs are trembling but you don't want to risk pressing your body up against his in case you hurt him so you've no choice but to hover over the male, his warm tongue finally winning the battle and dominating yours, a deep blush dusting your cheeks as you smile faintly into the kiss.

This feels good, it feels right...

Although it isn't long before you have to break the kiss for air, your face feeling as hot as the sun and possibly resembling a tomato as you gaze down at Drake, his complexion can't be much better than yours.

He's also red and breathless, the cut on his lip is starting to bleed again, causing a guilty grin to break out across your face.

"Sorry, I made you bleed."

"It was worth it."

The two of you share a small laugh, his hand coming up to warmly caress your cheek whilst the other still rests on your hip. Your heart is essentially going crazy inside your chest, you dread to think how it would sound if it was wired up to a monitor.

Good thing we're no longer in a hospital...

"Truce?" The brunette hums playfully, his blues still harbouring a glimmer of something you're unfamiliar with, you simply can't put your finger on it but you smile nonetheless.

Whatever it is, it makes you feel warm and protected.

"Truce."

Is it love?