The Party. #2

Drake's frustrated sigh finally sounding in your ear, the pair of you had been leaning against the wall in a comfortable silence for 20 minutes now, seems he's getting bored.

About time too, maybe I'll get rid of him now!

"Listen, we can share the responsibility if you want?" His words earning a side-glance from you before your orbs flicker back to the other guests, a curious hum vibrating in your throat, encouraging him to elaborate. "I'll keep an eye on Kid, you watch over Ace."

Does he not think I'm capable enough to do it myself?!

"I can watch them both." You stubbornly huff, causing the brunette to roll his eyes.

"I have no doubt about that but you're being very obvious with your staring and Kid doesn't like being stared at, I'd rather not see him squaring up to you, if that makes sense." Drake explains calmly, although he soon wishes he had spun you a lie.

"You think I can't take care of myself?!" 

He's so damn conceited! Seriously, I'd love to see Kid turn him inside out!

"Forget it, I'm not asking you for permission." The brunette's voice is low, almost a growl. He pushes himself away from the wall with his foot before shooting you a pointed look. "You do what you want but I'm watching Kid."

"I can--!" Your words seemingly going ignored as Drake passes you, already making his way over to the redhead and his friends. "O-Okay, just make sure he doesn't touch any--"

"Machines. Got it." The brunette calls back to you, only barely being heard over the music as you sigh, making your way over to Ace and Sabo, it definitely takes a weight off your shoulders though.

Now you don't have to watch two separate sides of the room, you can sit down and relax a little. 

Of course, you still fully intend to watch Ace like a hawk. 

"Hey [F/n]~!" Sabo merrily chirps as you approach their small table, taking a seat with a polite smile and judging by the slight redness in the blonde's cheeks, you'd assume he's a little drunk. "We saw you talking to Drake~!"

"Yeah, what's that about~?" Ace chimes in, his face also a bit flushed and his breath absolutely stinking of different variations of alcohol, causing your face to scrunch up a little. "I thought you hated him~!"

Shut the hell up, you pair of vultures! 

"I do--well, no, I don't!" Already the brothers eyebrows are quirking at your uncertain claims and your face is heating up to the temperature of the sun as you discreetly glance off to the side, watching the brunette as he sits at Kid's table, the redhead's friend pouring him a drink. "Hate is...a strong word--"

"You liiike him~!" The both of them tease in unison, earning themselves a stone-cold glare in return, your lips pulled into a frown as you growl irritably at their outrageous remark. 

"I tolerate him."

"Psh! Sure~!" Sabo chuckles, clearly unconvinced as he settles back in his chair, his eyes looking slightly tired now as they slowly fall closed. You're honestly concerned as to who is going to take him home since everybody seems to be intoxicated but you'll be sure to order taxi's for the guests to prevent the possibility of any accidents on their journeys home.

Your brows knitting together when some grit falls on Sabo's sleeping face, your orbs about ready to trail up to the ceiling but you're distracted when Ace leans over the table, poking the tip of your nose.

"You ignoring me?" He can see by the bewildered look you give him that you hadn't heard a thing that left his lips, a chuckle rumbling through his throat as he takes another glance over at Drake. "I said he keeps looking over here~!"

"Sh-Shut up, Ace! Damn!" Your face burning up even more as you swat the boy from across the table, only making him laugh harder at your expense in the process, your gaze avoiding Drake at all possible costs. 

Suddenly a rumble catches your ears, it sounds like it's coming from the roof, you can just barely hear it over the sound of the music. It's a good thing people had started turning the speakers down so that they could talk to each other more clearly or you might've missed it.

What was that?

"Do you think the builders are here?" Your question doesn't seem to interest your freckled friend in the slightest, a childish pout etching into his features as he stares at you like you're the dumbest little thing in the world.

"At 11pm? No."

Alright, captain smartass! Thank you for your input!

"Hm...I'll be back, I'm gonna go check to make sure nobody is trying to break in."

Your worries only causing Ace to laugh again, furthering your annoyance. 

"[F/n], there's music playing, lights are on~! Nobody's gonna be breaking in here unless it's Shanks~!" The freckled goon slurs from his chair, your instinct urging you to check regardless when more grit sprinkles down in front of you, leaving a dirty sand patch on the floor.

No, that's not normal!

"I'll be back in a minute." 

You rise from your seat and start for the door but suddenly, a loud crash echoes in your ears, you don't even have a millisecond react to it before you're being crushed to the floor by what feels like a huge heap of metal, knocking the air right from your lungs.

Everything is so loud, the building rumbling and collapsing on you and your friends. You can't see a damn thing, it's like the world is falling apart. 

A few terrified screams blare out in your ears before they're muffled by more smashes, the sound of glass breaking is all around you and the pressure on your body is getting heavier and heavier.

Everything has gone so dark, there's a stinging pain in your head and blood trickling down your temple as you weakly breathe in the dust around you. 

There's rubble, wood, metal and broken pipes everywhere.

The room has grown cold and the music has stopped, nobody is making a sound, all you can hear is your own strained breathing, the pain finally kicking in and erupting throughout your entire body.

The agony is far too much to handle, you feel like you're being torn apart, sweating from every pore as you try to speak but the words are stuck in your throat.

Before you know it, the world around you is fading out.

Am I going to die?