10

Jαεhγυη

"Jaehyun, stop looking at the crowd and focus on the game! We're losing by 20 points!" the frustrated coach yelled out. I glanced at him and nodded, not really paying attention to what he had just said.

"Dude, this is the first game of the season. Do you want us to lose?" my teammate, Johnny, said. I turned my head towards him and noticed his desperate expression. He was a senior, just like me, so he was determined to win every single game of his last season. He was one of the best players in our team due to his passion for the sport.

I began to feel a bit guilty for not focusing on the game, so I lowered my head in shame. "I'm sorry, I promise I'll do my best during the second half," I told the guys. They all looked at me with slightly annoyed expressions, but they nodded their heads to show their support. The loud buzzer rang, indicating the start of the second half of the game.

The moment I stepped into the court, I focused on the ball and kept my guard up. I followed behind my team members and continued to protect the ball from the opposing team.

"Jae!"

My head snapped up, and I saw the orange object flying towards my direction. I immediately placed my hands in front of my face and caught the ball just in time. I looked around and noticed that nobody was in my way, so I ran towards the basket and quickly made a shot. The crowd erupted into loud cheers, and I heard my name being yelled out by the students sitting on the bleachers.

"Good job bro. Let's keep it going," Lucas said while patting my back. His bright smile reached all the way up to his eyes, making him look like an enthusiastic child. He was a just a sophomore, but his skills were way above most of the members in our team. There is no doubt that he will most likely get a scholarship due to his amazing basketball skills.

"Thanks," I quickly replied. He nodded and ran towards the ball. I stood there for a few seconds before finally following him.

Many minutes later, we were finally ahead by seven points. The guys were beginning to get very exhausted due to the large amount of effort we were putting in. We had barely managed to catch up to the other team, but we needed to keep this up in order to make sure that we won the game. I was mindlessly staring at the crowd while running after the ball. Everything was starting to become blurry, and my heart was pounding heavily in my chest. I was extremely tired, but I just had to keep going for a few minutes. As I was about to turn my attention towards the game, I noticed a familiar face in the crowd.

"Doyoung?" I whispered to myself while trying to focus on the face. I rubbed my eyes, and my vision became clear enough to make out his face. My heart began to race even faster as I realized that Doyoung was sitting in the crowd while watching me play.

"Jaehyun!" I heard Lucas yell out. I looked up and watched him throw the basketball towards me. Once I caught it, I began to run across the court. Suddenly, a member from the opposing team stepped in front of me and blocked me from making a shot. I leaned towards the left and immediately moved towards the right, which tricked him into moving out my way. I jumped high into the air and threw the ball into the basket right before the buzzer finally went off. The gym was filled with loud cheers, and my teammates ran towards me at full speed while chanting my name. They wrapped their sweaty arms around each other while smiling happily.

After a few minutes, we all headed towards the locker rooms and began to change. The guys were all praising each other, but I just continued to mind my business while taking off my shirt.

"We should go celebrate!" Johnny stated, and everyone agreed with him. I walked towards the showers and ignored them. Johnny placed his hand around my shoulders and raised an eyebrow at me, "Aren't you gonna come with us?"

I shook my head, "Nah. I'm too tired."

"Aww come on, Jaehyun! You're the captain of this team, you have to go," Lucas whined. I continued to walk towards the showers and ignored everyone's protests. When they realized that I wasn't going to join them, they all started to leave. I turned on the shower and let the warm water splash against my skin. The shower felt very relaxing right after the intense game, so I took my time and made sure that my entire body was completely clean. Once I was finished, I wrapped a towel around my lower body and walked out into the locker room. When I was about to reach for my shirt, I heard small footsteps outside.

"Who's there?" I asked loudly. The air was silent for a few seconds, so I made my way outside to check if someone was there. When I peeked my head through the door, I saw Doyoung nervously pacing around the hallway. I smirked to myself and opened the door a bit more, "Why are you here?"

His head snapped up, and he immediately froze in place, "Ja-Jaehyun. Uhm.. Hey. I just wanted to congratulate you for winning the game." He was playing with the ends of his sleeves while staring down at the floor. I looked around the hallway and made sure to check that the two of us were alone before pulling Doyoung into the locker room. He gasped and looked up at me with a confused look on his face, "Why did you pull me in here?"

I shrugged, "Just because." His eyes lowered down to my shirtless torso, and his face immediately turned pink. I smiled innocently at him while stepping forward to close the distance between us. He nervously took a step backwards and ended up hitting himself with the wall behind him. I placed my hands on the wall behind him and leaned in close towards his face, "What were you looking at?"

"N-Nothing. Please get a-away from me, you're too close," he stuttered out. I leaned in closer and placed my face on the crook of his neck.

"Let's stay like this for a while," I whispered. I felt him press his cold hands against my chest, which made me shiver a bit. I glanced up at him and noticed his flushed face. I placed a light kiss on his neck while running my fingers through his hair. He let out a small whimper and wrapped his arms around my neck. I let out a soft laugh at his reaction, "You're so adorable."

"Sh-Shut up."

§|§

A/N: I have two exams tomorrow but my dumbass is still gonna stay up 😎🤙