Chapter 21: Preparation

Start from the beginning

"So listen. Right now, all of the A-Class students are having an independent study session in the conference room. The leaders are the pride of Kunugigaoka: a set of geniuses known as the Five Virtuosos."

"Oh! That's the group you were kicked out of, (Y/N)!" Kayano blurted out. 

"Kayano, you really didn't have to mention that right now!" you told her, a big tick mark formed on your head.

Shindou, who overheard, spoke up, "Ah, then she already knows who they are."

"Of course I do. Each of us had a subject we were incredibly focused on and capable of handling ourselves," you coldly replied after hearing about the group. "However, we were also good in other subjects, as well."

"Who were they, (Y/N)-chan?" Nagisa questioned. You nodded, furrowing your eyebrows.

First, there is the mass-media hopeful who is knowledgeable in social studies, Araki Teppei. Second, dominator in humanities, the student council secretary, and a massive flirt, Sakakibara Ren. Third, the boy with a grudge against Karma and a monster in biology, Koyama Natsuhiko. Fourth, the man with sharp language skills, speaker of the student council, the one who you utterly humiliated weeks back, Seo Tomoya.

You spoke with such a serious tone in your voice, many of those around you felt intimidated. But you then sighed, then hardened your voice so that it wouldn't break. "Reigning at the very top with perfect scores and having brilliant leadership skills, Asano Gakushuu, the principal's son."

"That is right. (L/N)-san was also in that group, and she nearly tied with Asano-san with almost everything, making them the perfect duo to obliterate everybody in school," said Shindou. Everybody stared at you, and you looked away with embarrassment. He continued, "Asano and the rest of them are looking to keep her and all of you from making it back to the main campus."

Sugino spoke up, "Thanks for looking out for us, Shindou. But it's alright.  Our goal isn't to get out of the E-Class right now. But we still need to beat the A-Class to meet our goal. We'll put up a real fight!"

"Knock yourselves out," he chuckled. "The E-Class fight isn't my problem."

Later, when classes were over, you were talking to Kayano about the top five students, and yourself, and how all six of you managed to study so hard and reached higher than everyone else.

"First in every subject, huh?" Kayano sighed.

"Yeah," you told her as you were walking with her, Nagisa, and Karma. "In all my years here, I've been at the top with Asano-san, making it a challenge for the both of us to compete with each other."

You suddenly heard Isogai's voice call out to all of you. You all turned around and faced him, noticing that he had a ticket to enter the school library. "Hey guys! Want to come study with us in the main campus after class tomorrow? I reserved it way in advance with finals in mind. They always shunt the E-Class aside till later, so this is a platinum ticket for us!"

Karma began to walk away as Nagisa and Kayano replied, "I'm in!"

-The Next Day-

Everyone in the group, which consisted of Nagisa, Kayano, Kanzaki, Isogai, Okuda, and Nakamura, were all studying and gathered the books they needed for their weakest subjects. You needed to study as well, but you would offer help to your friends as well and gather books for them in the rows of shelves that had important information.

"Well, well, if it isn't the E-Class gang!" you heard a voice speak up when you were gathering more books for you and your friends. You immediately recognized the voice. "This library is wasted on the likes of you. Pearls before swines, am I right?"