Secret Powers

~Lizzie's POV~

"Take this," my mom said.

She took off her white diamond shaped necklace and handed it to me. It turned black and melted into a single cat earring as the black faded and was replaced with a glowing white. The cat had pale yellow eyes and a golden, upside down crescent on it's forehead.

"Th-this..." I stammered, looking wide-eyed at the earring.

"This is the nature element. You are the new heiress to this power," she explained. "Be careful though because every time you use your powers, a bit of your life is drained. The day of your death, a black skull symbol will appear on your left wrist and you have to pass the powers to someone else, blood related or not." She showed me her wrist. There was a small black skull on it. "I'll be passing away today. Stay strong my daughter." Mom kissed my forehead before gently pushing me out the door. "Now go to school."

"Goodbye mom," I whispered before running to school. Stupid school, ruining everything. I could be with my mom right now in her final moments, but no. I have to listen to the laws of education.

In the midst of my thoughts, I accidentally slammed into someone and I fell backwards from the force. "Are you okay?" they asked.

I looked up to see a slim boy with curly brown hair and thin glasses lending a hand to me. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Joseph!" I gasped. I took his hand and stood up, embarrassedly brushing some dirt off my jeans.

"Oh it's fine!" he said, smiling brightly. "Just be a little more careful next time."

"Of course Joseph!"

He chuckled. "No need to formal. Treat me like a normal person even if others think of me as popular." He walked off to his first class and I mentally scolded myself.

Stupid! How could you crash into one of the popular boys?! Joseph was very popular at my school and was incredibly kind and funny, but a little air headed or childish. He had a girlfriend, Bethany, who wasn't nearly as popular as him, but just as kind and funny. She was a bit of activist, but tended to keep to herself.

I speed-walked into school and sat down in my math class, patiently waiting for class to start. A boy with curly brown hair and glasses timidly sat next to me, taking out a Mountain Dew to sip from. I believe his name is Ross? He's pretty reserved and I haven't really talked to him except for the few times we've bumped into each other in the hallways. His friend, Max, sat in front of him and sent me a glare from the corner of his eye. Gosh he's scary. I've seen him hang out with Ross and Jess, but I've also seen him with bruises from fights with other students.

The bell rang and pretty much every other student filed in, including two of my good friends; Lauren and Jess! Jess sat in front of me, swiftly smiling before chatting with Max and Ross, and Lauren grabbed the seat to my left, starting up a conversation with me.

"Okay students quiet down!" the teacher ordered. The lesson started, but me and Lauren pretty much whispered to each the whole time as the lesson was really boring. After class, we had lunch. (their school has one less class period than normal :3 )

I hear a few yells in the hallway and decide to check it out. I gasp and see a thin female with black hair and a taller, dirty blonde male walked through the halls, chatting with two other students. One had a black cap on, poofy (apparently poofy isn't a word?) hair, and a pair of black glasses, and the other had a green T-shirt on and chestnut brown hair. It was Jaiden, James, Tim, and Adam! They did animation at a big studio called YouTube and were known as the popular Animation Squad.

I ducked back into the outside cafeteria and sat down at the tables with some of my friends. Scott, Lauren, Joel, and Yammy sat with me and we talked about things that happened over the weekend.

"I'm throwing something away," I told the group. They nodded and went back to talking as I got up to dump all my trash, but as I was walking I saw a boy in a dark red hoodie sitting alone, nibbling on a salad. "Hi there," I said, smiling at him.

He looked up at me with his grayish-blue eyes. "H-hello..."

"Are you new? What's your name?" I asked, reaching out a hand for him to shake. "I'm Elizabeth, but most call me Lizzie!"

"I'm Jack and yes, I'm new here." He shook my hand and I offered for him to sit with my group. He accepted and I dragged him over to my friends.

"This is Jack!" I introduced (is that correct grammar?). "He's new here so be nice!"

We talked and Jack was cool. He liked gaming, Minecraft, and cute animals like most of us.

"Hey nice earring Lizzie," Scott commented. "Did ya loose the other one?"

"O-oh thanks!" I stammered. "Y-yeah, I lost the other one. Cute necklace," I remarked, pointing at his little totoro charm.

"Thanks," he muttered.

"Hey guys the bell's gonna ring soon." I looked at my watch. Oh crap, Joel was right.

"Let's go then!" Yammy grabbed my hand and we both ran to science class.

We sat down and about half way through the lesson we heard, "Elizabeth Dwyer please come to the front desk." Was I in trouble? I didn't do anything! A bunch of kids looked my way and I pretty much ran out of the classroom from embarrassment. When I get to the front desk, I see... my mom?!

"MOM!" I cried, hugging her. "I thought you were gone!"

"I will be soon, but I forgot to tell you something," she told me. Tears were in the corners of my eyes, but I quickly brushed them away. "You need to go to willow tree near the lake right now. I've already excused you from school because of 'family issues' so you'll be fine. On the way, transform by tapping you earring and saying, 'Nature,' but do it somewhere where no one is watching. I love you, now go."

She kissed my forehead and like that, I started running to the willow tree. "One more thing!" I stopped and looked back. "Whenever your earring feels hot, it means there's danger and you'll need to transform. And keep your identity a secret even from the other heroes."

I nodded and continued running to the willow tree. There was a well lit alleyway that looked safe and empty, so I slipped into it.

"Nature," I whispered, tapping my earring with my finger. A neon green light went down me and my clothes changed! I had what looked like a blue and white sailor suit on with a mask that looked like two leaves. A couple of small purple flowers decorated the side of the mask and my hair was tied up just like Sailor Moon.

Don't ask how I know what I look like without any reflective objects near me.

I went over to the willow tree and saw three people already there.

I guess it's time for this adventure to start...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you like this chapter! This is my first story, so sorry if it's not that great.

~Byeeeee! <3