Entering the Chamber of Secrets

The next evening, the three of us were in the Hospital Wing. The three of us were sitting on Hermoines bed. "Wish you were here, Hermoine, we need you more then ever." I softly stroked her hand. I felt a rough edge and carefully opened Hermoines hand. It was a piece op paper she was holding. I unfolded it and it was the page of a book. "What's that?" Ron asked. "Guys, this is the reason Hermoine was in the library the day she was attacked. Come on." I jumped off the bed and started walking. While we were walking I read the page.

"Of the many fearsome beast that roam our land, none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet the giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it."

"Guys this is it. The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk. That's why Harry and I can hear it speak. It's a snake." I told them. "But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it no one's dead?" Ron asked. It was a good question. How is it that no one died? I stared strait ahead, and met my reflection in the window. "It's because no one looked it in the eye. Not directly, at least. Colin saw it through his camera. Justin....Justin must have seen the basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick. Nick got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost, he couldn't die again. And Hermoine had the mirror. I bet you she was using it to look around corners in case it came along." I explained. "And Daniel, Samira and Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure they didn't have a camera or a mirror, (Y/N)." Ron argued. "Samira and Daniel were found with Hermoine, I'm sure they looked at Hermoines mirror to. And Mrs. Norris......The water. There was water on the floor the night she got attacked. She only saw the basilisk's reflection." I walked over to a torch, just to read the page again. 

"Spiders flee before it. It all fits." Harry exclaimed. "How's a basilisk been getting around? A dirty, great snake. Someone would have seen it." I looked back down at the page. "Hermoine's answered that too." Harry pointed at the bottom of the page. The word 'pipes' was written at the bottom of the page. "Pipes? It's using the plumbing." Ron stated. "Remember what Aragog said about that girl 50 years ago? She was found in a bathroom." Harry started. "And what if she never left?" I continued. "Moaning Myrtle." Ron whispered. Suddenly the voice from McGonagall rang through the halls.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second-floor corridor immediately."

We gave each other a look and started running. We hid ourselves around a corner and listened to the conversation. "As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself. The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." McGonagall stammered. 

Lockhart came walking up and stood there with his happy face between all the sad teachers.
"So sorry. Dozed off, what have I missed?" I swear I saw Madam Pomfrey roll her eyes.
"A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last." Snape said with a hint of amusement in his voice. "My m-moment?" Lockhart stammered. "Weren't you saying last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Snape asked him. Lockhart was silent. "That's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend." McGonagall stated. "Very well. I'll just be in my office getting.... getting ready." He quickly walked off. Sometimes I really love my teachers. "Who is it the monster's taken, Minerva?" Madam Pomfrey asked. "Ginny Weasley." My heart sank. 

"Ginny. That basilisk and the other Heir are going to get it now." I was so done with the basterd at this point. "Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever" was written on the wall.

"So, when are we going?" A voice sounded behind us. We turned around and Draco was there.
"Draco, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked. "Well, I know you and I know how much you like to dive into danger, so I am coming with." He answered. "Is this going to be like last year?" I sighted. "Yep." He replied. "How did you know about all of this anyway?" I lifted my eyebrow.
"You should spent less time with me when you are doing these kind of secret things."