Genius vs. Psychic

Giovanni flipped through the pictures on his phone, intently scrutinizing each one. He deleted the less than worthy ones, which weren't a lot, considering he was hesitant to delete even just a single picture from his phone. Maybe a few blurry ones, but only if they were really bad…

Honestly, he had no idea what had compelled him to take so many pictures of Ash last night. Worse was that he had done so discreetly, like some kind of…stalker or something. He cringed and buried that thought, as he was wont to do these days.

One particular picture of Ash, she was smiling and the lights of the lanterns around them lent a soft glow to her face. His lips twitched into a smile and before he could even think about it, he turned it into his wallpaper for his phone.

"Hey, send me some of those pics you took of her, alright?" Lt. Surge cut into his thoughts.

Immediately, Giovanni snapped his phone shut and his expression closed off. Lt. Surge rolled his eyes.

"So?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said stiffly.

The blond snorted. "You know, you weren't as subtle as you'd like to think you were last night. I'm pretty sure even Ash noticed you taking pictures."

Giovanni involuntarily flushed red, but his lips pressed into a thin line and he didn't admit to anything. However, after breakfast, Lt. Surge found a bundle of pictures sent to his phone, and he inwardly smirked to himself.

He also thought that man had the worst case of denial he'd ever seen. At least he was working towards admitting how he felt.

And then there were these guys…

Brock gaped. "Where did you guys come from? Didn't we leave you behind at Pokémon Land?"

The Harem Club smiled brightly. "Yes, but we quickly found out your next destination and went to travel here immediately. Would you like to travel in our travel bus to Saffron City, Miss Ash?"

Ash, looking at the gigantic bus, really wouldn't mind a ride in it. But Giovanni was scowling terribly at it and the guys, so she stayed quiet.

"We refurbished it just for you," the leader of the group smiled even more brightly.

Oh, for the love of – Giovanni's eye twitched. But then there was a tug on his sleeve and he could automatically guess who it was –only one person was brave enough and didn't see any problem with doing that. He looked down and sure enough Ash was looking shyly up at him.

"If we ride the jumbobus, we'll get to Saffron quicker. And…it really is really cool."

Then she gave him a small smile and Giovanni crumbled like a house of cards in a hurricane.

He sighed and smiled back. "I guess it's convenient, especially with a large group such as ours."

And, remembering how winded he was at just running towards Ash on the cliff, he thought it best to accept the ride, considering how unused he was to any sort of exercise and how he'd much preferred not revealing that, or end up looking disheveled and unrefined (especially in front of Ash). His image would definitely be ruined by then.

Though, if he could hear some of the others' thoughts, it probably already was.

After all, Misty was pretty sure the man was utterly helpless whenever Ash smiles at him.

~*~*~

When they boarded the "jumbobus," the first floor held a huge amount of seats, all comfortable-looking with comfy cushions. There were the usual luggage racks above the seats, vending machines in the back, restrooms, and a kitchen area for goodness' sakes. And that was just the first floor.