Looking at You With Fresh Eyes

Her arm felt better, though she had to keep it wrapped up and change the wrappings every so often, along with rubbing some kind of burn cream on it. It really wasn't a problem anymore, in her opinion, but everyone kept making her be careful and stuff. Which she got. Really!

Okay, so maybe she was just restless and didn't want to listen to everyone about staying still and resting. She rested enough thank you very much! She wanted to move around, be free, do something –preferably a pokémon battle.

A ghostly hand patted her shoulder and she looked miserably at Sir Aaron.

"Milady," he started gently. "I understand you feel caged, but you were hurt and you should let yourself heal."

"But I'm bored and I hate not doing anything," she grumbled. And they really weren't letting her do anything!

"Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed in support of his trainer, though he too had been confined to the room as punishment for evading the Pokémon Center twice.

Sir Aaron looked thoughtful. "We could do more Aura exercises, if you'd like? I know, from what you told me, that you'd had practice with someone named Sabrina, who basically has helped you to at least feel for your Aura and get a sense on it and even the basics of reaching out to it."

Ash nodded enthusiastically, starting to cheer up. "Yeah, that's right."

He nodded surely. "Then we can move from the basics and start you on the beginning of intermediate practices, that of actually learning to reach out to your Aura and then eventually to you being able to use the Aura-based gifts that you should be able to perform at this stage."

Ash was practically bouncing in her seat. "Ohh, is it going to be like the Force?"

He looked confused. "What is this...Force?"

She squealed. "I definitely have to catch you up on Star Wars! Er, but after we start on this Aura stuff first, 'kay?"

Sir Aaron blinked, but shrugged to himself and agreed. Soon enough he had her started on what Sabrina taught her, before he began to instruct on how to go farther than that. It wasn't long until she'd grasped that and was excitedly practically attempting to glomp Sir Aaron...but went right through him and landed with an oomph! on the floor.

He blushed in embarrassment. "Um, I'm quite sorry about that, milady."

"S'fine," he heard muffled from her.

Pikachu just snickered from his spot.

~*~*~

Two hours later found the others coming back to her room to find that she and Sir Aaron were in the midst of a Star Wars marathon.

"Obi-Wan, nooooo!" he cried out.

Ash patted his back. Well, she pretended to since he wasn't really corporeal. "It's okay. Jango Fett doesn't get him."

Lt. Surge chuckled. "So Star Wars marathon?"

"Mmhm," Ash nodded, not taking her eyes off the movie.

"I'm assuming we're all going to watch," Giovanni stated more than asked, and rolled his eyes as he sat near Ash and got comfortable. The group converged on the area and spread out and soon enough they were all watching and having a movie night.

"Hey, guys," Brock spoke up in between changing the third Star Wars movie for the fourth. "There was a street I'd like to visit before we leave Celadon City. Is that alright?"

"Sure!" Ash spoke up. "Why not?"

"Just making sure," Brock shrugged. "Do you want to go, Ash? There are a lot of beauty parlors on that street for pokémon..."