Day 7 - Ice Skating Shenanigans

Pairing/s: None
Characters/s: Clint Barton, Steve Rogers, Janet Van Dyne, Hank Pym.
Canon: EMH
Au: None
Warnings: None

Prompt - Ice Skating Shenanigans

"I have a great idea" Clint tells them, grinning with excitement.

Somehow Steve knows that this is going to be a bad idea. Whatever it is that Clint has managed to convince himself is a great idea will be a bad one. It's Clint's smile, the same manic excitement that Bucky had when he had a bad idea.

"And what would that be?" Wasp asks, cautiously. Steve wonders if he could leave now and plead ignorance later.

"The pool on the roof is frozen over. We should all totally go skating on it" Clint says. And yeah, that was not a good idea in the slightest.

"I don't thin-" he tries to argue, but Clint quickly cuts in.

"Not with actual skates of course, Cap." Clint tries to assure him. "Runners could be slippery enough, if not we will bring out the shower caps."

He is not assured that this is a good idea, or will be in the slightest bit safe. But to his own horror, instead of asking to be left out of this, he agrees.

Wasp, Hank and Steve stand around the pool, all watching Clint skeptically.

"It's fine. I've done this thousands of times" Clint says, making his way to the edge of the pool. "C'mon. You're all superheroes, you can handle a little bit of ice"

Wasp smirks, "I think you should give us a demonstration."

Clint scoff at them and gets on to the ice. "See, its fine"

The archer bounces up and down, given them a look the reads 'I told you'. He then moves forward, shifting his body wait to speed up his momentum. He does a couple of spins and jumps to show off.

Steve lets out a relived breath. He thinks he will pass on this still. The ice may hold Clint's weight but there is no telling if it would hold his.

Clint turns around, a smile on his face "What are you waiting fo-" He had turned too fast and lost his footing. The archer lands face first on the ice with a loud crack.

"CLINT!" Steve shouts. He hurries over to the edge of the pool.

"I fine! Completely and absolutely O-K!" Clint assures, giving everyone a thumbs up.

As Clint moves to sit up the ice beneath him gives way suddenly. The archer shouts as he drops into the icy pool water below. Just as quickly as he fell in, he scrambles to get out. Looking like a cat wanting to get out of a bath full of water.

Steve tosses his head back and laughs.

End