Day 5 -Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Pairing/s: Hinted Stony?
Characters/s: Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, Janet Van Dyne, T'Challa, Hank Pym, Tony Stark
Canon: EMH
Au: None
Warnings: None

Prompt - Getting into the Christmas Spirit

The call to assemble goes out, alerting everyone in the mansion. Steve quickly gets into his uniform and heads towards the Quinjet.

He takes a deep breath to calm himself and to keep the smile from forming on his face. That would be a bad look, to seemingly take joy from the city being ravaged by another monster attack... again. But that was not why he was smiling. No.

It was December 1st and he had been planning this for a while now. Thinking about how it could bring some laughter and joy to people when disaster had struck. He was also excited about how his team would respond as well.

He rounded the final corner and quickly boarded the Quinjet. He schooled his features, keeping his expression natural.

"You can't be serious!" he hears Clint say from beside him, amusement clear in his voice.

At Clint's words the rest of the Avengers aboard the jet turn to look at him. Laughter and moans fill the space.

"Really, Cap? What's with the whole Santa look?" Hank asks, eyeing the changes he made to his uniform.

"Well... Tis the season." He responds with a smile. "I thought I could maybe lift a few spirits"

He had gotten the idea when he saw the 'Captain America' Santa hat for sale in one of the shops he passes on his morning run. It wasn't all that different from a regular Santa hat, but it had a huge 'A' on the front and sprigs of holly where his wings would be. He thought it was kind of cute.

It hadn't taken much work to glue the hat onto one of his helmets. It had taken a bit of work, however, to glue the wool-lining onto the cuffs of his boots and gloves. But he really liked how it turned out and had eagerly counted down the days until today when he could wear it.

Clint gives him an assessing look, then remarks "We kind of look bland compared to you. I think the rest of us should dress up as elves."

Janet leaps up from her seat excitedly, "Yes. That would be wonderful!" she says.

"Shouldn't Tony be Santa?" Hank asks, earning a frown from Janet. "He is our leader and benefactor."

"Yeah" Clint argues, "but Cap got there first"

"I have a feeling that our leader won't mind" T'Challa says, pointedly staring towards the Jet's ramp.

Everyone turns to see Tony standing at the bottom of the ramp in the Iron Man armor. His face plate is pulled back revealing the huge grin on the man's face.

"Oh, I don't know, Hank, I think I wouldn't mind being Santa-Cap's elf" the genius says with a laugh as he boards the Jet.

End