Morning Shenanigans

It was early morning, and Daoming Si blearily opened his eyes. My arm's asleep, he complained inwardly. This was because he and his wife had fallen asleep cuddling after they'd messed around playing games and drawing on each other's faces, much like the time when Shancai had been training for the cooking competition. Ah Si smiled at the memory. He'd known she was his perfect match since almost the moment they first butted heads, and now look where they were. Speaking of the face drawing, he registered Shancai's face was still covered in his stupid little doodles. It was hilarious to him to see her so peacefully sleeping while she had smudged drawings on her face. He suddenly got the idea to take pictures of her, again.

Slowly, so as not to rouse Shancai, Ah Si slid his arm out from under her, wincing slightly as he felt pins and needles throughout the entire length of his right arm. He quickly grabbed his phone and gently pushed Shancai onto her back; she gave a little noise of protest, but thankfully did not wake up. He snapped a picture and gave a quiet snicker, moving her sleeping form into another weird position and taking another photo. This time he put her on her side so he could get a picture of the pig he drew on her left cheek. He managed to get another three pictures, but before he could snap another, Shancai's eyes fluttered open.

What the hell is this man child up to?, Shancai thought as she eyed her husband. "What are you doing?" she asked while stifling a yawn. "Oh nothing." he replied with false innocence. Then she looked at his phone, and realized what he'd been up to. "You took pictures of me while I was sleeping!" she shrieked in disbelief. She sat up and held her hand out, "Give me your phone. I'm deleting those ugly pictures."

At this, Ah Si got up, and using their height difference to his advantage, held the phone above his head. "Try and get it if you can," he playfully challenged her. Shancai groaned, but got up, and tried to jump high enough to grab, to no avail, as he merely put it that tiny bit higher so she couldn't reach it. "Fine," she huffed, "you wanna play dirty? I can play dirty." Then she grabbed the collar of her husband's pajamas and kissed him, catching him completely off guard. In his shock, Ah Si lowered his arm.

Seizing the chance, Shancai snatched the phone out his hand and broke the kiss, stepping back. "Looks like I win." she said smugly, waving the phone triumphantly. "That was low," he whined, "I want more kisses from my wife." He scooped Shancai up in his arms and planted kisses on her face and neck, causing her giggle when his breath tickled her neck.

While she wasn't paying attention, he grabbed his phone back and threw it on the bed. "You absolute brat," Shancai said as Ah Si squeezed her in a tight hug. "You love this brat," he shot back while nuzzling her neck. She couldn't argue with that, so she decided he'd win this round of playful banter.

Besides, there'd be plenty of opportunities to get back at him.

Author's note
Hey y'all take my garbage. It just popped into my head since I couldn't sleep. Leave any possible scenarios you'd like to see, and I'll see what I can cook up for y'all. Thanks for reading!!!
-monicacantwrite