1 | Choice of company

Trixie's POV
I walk through the school corridor, my short pink skirt swishes around my legs as I go -

- People used to stare at my bright pink style but I ignored them and they got used to it, I round a corner and my friends, Kim, Pearl and Violet greet me

"Hey Trix!" Violet says cheerily.
"Morning! Pearl what the fuck is up with you?" I reply, turning to look at Pearl who's eyes are only partly open.
"Wake and Bake, what's new?" Kim replies, I nod in understanding, Pearl is always stoned - especially at school, but who can blame her for that?
We walk down the hall and a girl catches my eye, I don't think I've ever seen her before, her thick blonde hair frames her thin, long face and hollow cheeks. Her outfit is pretty simple but cute, just a shirt some shorts and a jacket along with some headphones. -

- I struggle to move my eyes off the girl for a second before Violet taps me on the shoulder, a confused look on her face

"Hey you okay babe?" She asks, I snap out of it and look back over, smiling.
"Yeah sorry..." I reply, trailing off as I turn to glance at the girl again.
"Are you checking that chick out!?" Kim gasps, I turn around again with wide eyes.
"No! Absolutely not! I just-" I begin, Violet grins and turns to look at the blonde behind us.
"Oh good eye Trixie!" She teases, I groan and push her playfully.
The truth is I was checking her out - I mean who wouldn't? But it's not like I'd say anything, I'm still too fucked up from my last relationship with Naomi, she dumped me with no warning the day before our two year anniversary, it broke my heart even though I'm not the type to get in my feels.
I sigh and shake it off and look down at my phone, there's a text from the school.

'Miss Mattel would you make your way down to the principals office'

Oh shit what did I do? I pocket my phone and tap Violet on the shoulder, the girls all stop and look at me.
"Trix what's up?" Kim asks.
I show the text and Violet groans, tugging on my arm.
"Oh shit what did you do?" Pearl asks, speaking for the first time.
I shrug, pretending not to know, meanwhile everything I've ever done is running through my head, what it they saw me smoking behind the school, or somehow know I've been the one tagging bike sheds, I have this side of me I kinda hate - I get destructive when I'm depressed or angry, I do a lot of shit I'm not proud of but I've never told anyone, everyone at school thinks I'm perfect.
I say goodbye to the others and walk back the other way I came.
I push open the door to the principals office, our principal is a short dumpy woman with winged glasses balanced on the end of her long nose.
"Good morning miss Mattel, I wanted to discuss your choice of company" she says flatly, I furrow my brow and sit before the desk, her judgemental eyes burning into my soul.
"My- what?" I question, picking at the pink polish painted on my nails.
"The girls you have chosen to befriend are - I feel - possibly not very well suited to a student with such potential like yourself." She says, her words are steady and very clearly scripted.
"You can't tell me who to be friends with" I protest, attempting to keep my voice steady and free of anger.
"Pearl Liaison, Violet Chachki are all currently grade D students, I'm just concerned they may not be good influences on you, given that you are currently in the top set for every class." She explains, I grit my teeth angrily trying to keep my mouth shut.
"Everyone here just wants you to succeed and we feel it would be best to at least join a club, maybe make some new friends" she tells me.
"I don't need new friends. Thanks though." I snap.
"I ought to remind you who you're speaking with Miss Mattel" she says sternly, I bite my tongue.
"You can choose what club but if word reaches that you have not made an effort to join one your parents will hear about it." She threatens.
"Fine." I huff, standing up and leaving the office, slamming the door behind me. I look up to see the blonde girl I saw earlier leaning against the wall opposite to the door, smirking slightly.
"What?" I question, she shrugs and trudges away. I sigh and shake my head, I need a smoke.
Nobody rides bikes at this school so the bike sheds are the best places to smoke, I head down there and open the box of cigarettes from my bag, three left - shit. I put one between my lips and light it, inhaling deeply.
I lean my head against the brick wall behind me, shutting my eyes for a moment, for saying it's a shit tip this place is actually pretty relaxing.
"You're pretty shit at sneaking around" a voice says, the thick russian accent surprises me and makes me choke on the puff of my cigarette.
I open my eyes and look beside me to see the blonde from earlier grinning wide, her teeth are blinding.
"My accent comes as a shock to most people don't worry." She says.
"You're not gonna rat me out right?" I ask, she shakes her head.
"Not if you give me one" she says, I smile a little and offer the pack, she takes one and puts it between her lips, it takes me a moment to realize she's waiting for me to light it for her, I fumble with the lighter for a second and click it so a small flame appears, I hold it out and she leans closer, inhaling steadily. Why am I being like this? Normally I'm confident around everyone but she has this weird effect on me... I don't like it.
"I don't normally smoke" I blurt out, I don't want my fake reputation damaged. She chuckles.
"Sure" the blonde replies, I wring my hands out anxiously.
"No really I-" I begin, only to cut myself off in response to her incredulous look. It's true, I don't really smoke except for when I'm stressed, which admittedly is more than usual. How the hell is she making me like this?
She twiddles the cigarette between her long slender fingers before stubbing it out against the wall.
"See you around milashka." She says, walking away with a smirk.
I sigh confusedly, the last part must be Russian although I'm not sure what it meant. I chuck my cigarette onto the floor and step on it, grinding it into the ground with my shoe.
Time to get back to class I guess.