c h a p t e r ✦ o n e

Boom 💥

There I was 16 years of age, sitting alone in the back of my room in the shack of our house in Liberia Africa. Just doing a few doodles when suddenly...

Bam! bam!! bam!!!

My papa has been drinking again, should he not be pounded on the door accidentally punching a hole in it this time causing all of the plywood to shatter around the strength of his fists.

"Y/N!!!!!!!" I cower in fear of my papa, he stood tall in the frame of my old door, his full height was 5'5 but he wore the Fila Disruptors, those new embroidered ones that are cool, to make himself stand at 6'9 enhancing his menacing demeanor

"Join me in the front hut, I've got a surprise for you!!!" His voice boomed throughout our five conjoined huts, making sure anyone nearby could hear and feel and fear his unavoidable, unmatched, horrid wrath of furiest Liberian Papa in the entire continent of Africa.

Shaking in my Fila disruptors, the old ones papa had filed down so he could continue to tower over me, I followed my papa, passing my four sisters who were fast asleep in their separate huts for some reason, even though it was five in the afternoon.

"Y/N, meet Simon" I stare at the white man, sitting on my papa's favorite cushion, he must be an important man or diplomat because had it been anyone else papa would've slapped him with the Fila Disrupter that he had only for beating us with, seriously he only bought the limited edition red ones, so you couldn't tell where the blood stains were.

"H-h-h-hello m-m-mr. Simon" I say, keeping my eyes down on my Fila Disruptors. "Alright!" Papa screeched, "goodbye Y/N" my eyes popped out of their sockets, I rushed to blindly pick them up and reattach them to my optical nerves, looking up at my towering papa, nervously asking "w-w-what do you mean, where are you going papa?"

He let out a hearty chuckled, which transitioned into a maniacal laughter, bringing tears to his eyes.

POW 👊👟💥💥💥💥

I twirl, the imprint of the Fila's sole fresh on my face as I collapse on the ground.

"My goodness!" Cried Mr. Simon, my Papa's laughter still echoing in my ears "I ain't going no where, you've been sold to Simon, we can't afford to lose another hut"