Chapter Five: The Secret

Rachel walked over to where Jacob was standing,

By now, he had stopped crying and looked nervous.

"What do you want Jacob?" she asked.

Jacob looked at her and pointed at a ditch a few feet away from where they were standing.

She followed her brothers finger.

Rachel gasped and put a hand over her mouth.

Tears ran down her face.

Her body shook with sobs and she couldn't stop.

Emotions flooded her body, thoughts filled her mind.

"I had to Rachel, you and that guy ran off to get Drake and he came after me. I am so sorry Rachel. Please don't tell anyone. Please."

Jacob's voice shook.

Rachel collected herself and looked at her brother.

Rachel pulled her brother close to her and hugged him.

"Look at me, Jacob. I know. Ok, I know what had to be done. I promise you I will never tell a soul. Now, go to the cabin and get our favorite books. Get our clothes and ask Conner if he can put it in his truck. You get Drake and Get in the back seat of Conners truck. OK? Tell Conner to get the truck warm and I will be there in a few minutes."

Jacob shook his head and started to the cabin.

"Oh and Jacob" he stopped and faced Rachel.

"Don't tell Conner that Drake is his baby. He doesn't need to know that he got me pregnant. Definitely don't tell him about this, ok? Please?"

Jacob stared for a moment in silence and then said

"Rachel, I won't. Don't worry he won't find out until you are ready to tell him. But you need to tell him. He had sex with you, he got you pregnant."

He walked off and Rachel started hiding Tyler's body under the dirt.

Who knew that one sharp stick to the heart would kill somebody like him?

She walked to Conners truck and they drove into town.

She knew Jacob wouldn't ever tell and neither would she.

They left every secret hiding in plain sight.

Never to be seen again.