"He made sure to write down every important event that happened within the pack after you were-" there was a pause, one without a continuance, just an interruption.

"Yes, I had noticed. I went through his writings when I finally arrived, he was very detailed," Morpheus said. "I'm sure you will also be useful, just as Leander was."

"Thank you, Alpha. You will not regret your words." Leo continued, "As you know, Leander took over the pack once it became clear that you were not going to wake up anytime soon. He spent years trying to open the tomb, but it was no use."

"My mother wasn't one to play around," Morpheus added, "if she wanted me locked away, then that is what she would get."

"You would know her more than anyone." There was another pause after that, and I couldn't help my curiosity as I slowly moved to look into the room. My hands held onto the side of the entrance as I peeked in, just one look. They were both standing there at a table, looking down at what I assumed was important papers, Morpheus was gripping the side of the wooden board as he leaned his tall, muscled body over the table. Leo, just stood there, both of them not saying a word.

That was until Morpheus looked up, his lips pulling into his signature grin, one that I was getting used to. "Well, go on, Beta Leo, don't let my words get in your way."

And, that was my que. I twisted out of the way as I pressed myself against the wall once again. Morpheus had a strange look in his eye as he watched Leo, almost as if he was thinking of something else entirely.

"Ah, well, we sent a few warriors to check out the tomb along with a witch that you had suggested, and there is a theory that was brought up," Leo told him. "One that we thought you would like to know, just in case."

"Keep going," Morpheus urged impatiently.

"The witch said that it's possible that you did not meet your mate by chance, but instead she assumes that the Moon Goddess herself set it up."

"And? Is that all?" Morpheus asked, his voice coming out as annoyed as it could be. "I could have told you that myself."

"I know, I thought that, too." Leo's voice dropped, "But, it seems as though this was different, the witch informed us that there was something in the air, a type of magic. Anyways, she thinks that your mate was being controlled through your entire meeting until the very end."

"Controlled?" My skin started to burn up again as I heard the different tone of his voice, a growl that I heard more than once.

"Yes," Leo confirmed, "she said that your meeting was rushed, that it wasn't normal."

Morpheus let out a growl, a low threat.

"I'm sorry, Alpha. I do not mean to disrespect you and your mate, but I just thought that it would be best to know that you must've been awaken for another reason, for something else," Leo spoke with a paranoid edge to his voice, almost pleading for him to understand.

"I will look into it," Morpheus assured him, "but, for now, don't speak about this to anyone else."

"Of course," Leo told him. "But, Alpha, I do have a question that I must ask on the matter."

Another hum as an answer.

"What are you planning to do with your mate?" He asked.

"I haven't decided yet."

W O R D C O U N T : 1300

I was planning to update a little sooner, but at least it's not 11:30pm

Anyways, hope this is good!

All my love!