Chapter 11: The Past & Present

Start from the beginning

He chuckles and it's heavenly, "that's understandable but there's nothing you could tell us that would push us away from you."

"You say that now."

"And I said it yesterday. We'll talk about it sometime later okay." I nod. He smiles making me clench my thighs together. "I'll check on you before I leave." He leans down kissing me softly.

He walks out the room and Issy and Charlie come back in shortly after. "You okay?" Issy asks eyeing me.

I give her a small smile, "yeah I'm okay."

She nods before they start another conversation. I honestly can't wait to leave this hospital. The sad thing is I miss Liam already.

**                                                        **                                            **

Liam walks into my room just as I'm zipping my hoodie up. He has on a pair of black slacks, a white button down, and a camel colored blazer. He looks so good. "Are you ready?" he asks eyeing me.

I nod. Issy bought me some clothes this morning and Liam offered to take me home. I thought he'd be worried about us being seen but he didn't seem to care. He leads the way to his jeep.

"Wait" I say before he can pull off. I take a deep breath. "Are you busy? Can we go somewhere and talk?"

"Yeah okay" he grabs my hand before pulling off.

Ever since I've met Liam he has been nothing but supportive and soothing to me. He brings a sense of calm to my life that I desperately needed and still do. I figure he's the best person to talk to first. I would've told them altogether, but I want to be able to focus on their reactions. Plus, it's a good way to really know them individually. It's something I need to talk about and each time should be a little easier. Not to mention Liam has his own explaining to do. We can both open up. When the car stops we're at the park, we get out and walk to a bench.

"Are you hungry?" he asks nodding to a hot dog cart not too far from us.

"No" I take a deep breath. "I was raped the summer before junior year." He pulls my hand into his. "His name is Grant Hollins. I thought he liked me you know. He was being super nice and attentive and for a girl like me I was head over heels." I sniffle, "should've known it was too good to be true. Guys like that, the golden boy, aren't interested in freaks like me." I wipe my eyes, "living in a small town everyone known everything so it's not like I had suitors lined up for me so having Grant made me think someone finally wanted to know me. Not the freak but Jordan."

I smile weakly, "I wasn't always this bad, but he took all I had left. He broke me beyond repair Liam." I gaze over to the ducks, "we went to a part and since he was the golden boy he played games, entertained, and drunk. He eventually wanted us to be alone, so I followed. He was my first boyfriend I'd follow him anywhere." I turn back to Liam, on the surface he was calm cool collected but, in those storm gray eyes I could see he was pissed.