"Why are you doing this?" Her voice nearly cracked as she tried to contain her composure. "Why do you care? You're going to rot in a cell for the rest of your life."

     "Just answer the question Athelia."

     Her teeth clenched as she tried to hold it back, she wanted to bash his head head against the rocks for putting her in a state of mind such as this, but she couldn't risk ruining everything and knew he wouldn't stop until she gave him answer.

     "One day I will."

     "And today?"

    "What?"

     "Today?" He asked, stepping over to her.  "Who do you love today?"

     "It doesn't matter."

     "Why doesn't it?"

     "Because the only person that matters right now is Freya. She is who I love most today and the fact that you would even attempt to screw with my head right now, tells me everything I need to know about the decision I made. I may not love your brother the way a wife loves a husband, but I love the fact that he is out there right now trying to find a way to help me instead of screwing with my head."

     "I am helping you though."

     "What?"

     Without warning Loki grabbed a hold of her and pulled her into him, crushing his lips against hers. His hands pulled at her cheeks and tangled into the back of her until she kissed him back, but instead she pulled away, eyes wide gasping for a breath as she stared up at him.

     "Remember how much I love you," he whispered in her ear before forcing his dagger deep into her back.

      "No!" Thor's voice echoed through the dark valley as Athelia stumbled backwards. She knew she wouldn't die, but this wasn't part of the plan and it wasn't an illusion.

      Everything moved so quickly as she rolled painfully down the dune.  Bits and pieces of her darkness mixed with her reality and all she could make out was Malekith and his small army approaching her from the ship as she struggled to stand with the dagger still lodged in her spine.

     She felt the ground quake around her as she watched Thor land just a distance away as Loki appeared next to him, dumping a stirring Freya harshly on the ground.

      "Loki what did you do?" She cried out, the temporary numbness spreading through her legs and she began muttering to herself. "This isn't possible. What did you do?"

     "Do stop blubbering Athelia," he seethed as his foot swiftly met Thor face. "You really think I cared about Frigga? About any of you?"

     Thor groaned as he landed in a dusty heap next to her. He reached his hand out to summon Mjolnir, but Loki grabbed hold of wrist and bent down. "All I ever wanted was you and your whore, dead at my feet."

     "Loki stop," Thor begged him as a wild grin spread across his  face as another dagger conjured in his hand.

     Loki's eyes met hers and he smiled wickedly as his dagger came down across Thor's wrist, Mjolnir flying right passed him. Athelia lost it. The tears fell from her face viciously as he kicked his brother away one last time and made his way to her, pressing his foot into her lower back.

      He plucked the dagger from her skin and she instantly felt the rush of energy flood through her legs, but she didn't move. Malekith was only feet away and Loki swiftly grabbed her by the back of the head and pulled her to her feet.

      "Why are you doing this?" She panted as she pulled at his hand. "This wasn't the plan."

       "The only plan I ever had was making you think someone cared about you. That you, The Goddess of Darkness, deserved any thing other than suffering." He seethed, holding her right as he called for the Dark Elven King. "Malekith! I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you gifts of gratitude."

     He tossed Athelia forward roughly and she fell to her knees next to Freya. Her hand wrapped around the young girl's chest as Malekith stared down upon them, his icy blue eyes nearly glowed in the dark as Loki made his claim known.

      "I return to you the aether as well as the Prince and Princess of Asgard," he shouted at him. "I ask only one thing in return. A good seat in which to watch Asgard burn."

      Malekith didn't remove his eyes from Athelia and the moment she dropped her head in defeat, he kicked her backwards demanding she look at him, but instead of killing her be extended his hand.

     "You are a child of night, Princess. Join me and help me return the darkness to these lands."

     Athelia stared at him as he spoke. His words soothing every bit of her soul and for a moment she found her hand reaching for him, but Thor's voice rang clearly in her mind and she pulled back and spat at Malekith's feet.

     He stood back and in an attempt to show her true power, he began to pull Freya from the ground. Her frail body twisted in the breeze as Malekith began to pull the aether her from her.

     "You Asgardian's are all the same." He spat at her, taking great pleasure in watching Athelia endure her loved one pain. "You think your valiant and brave, but in the end you are all weak and undeserving of the life you have been given."

      "I guess it's a good thing, I'm not Asgardian," she seethed, readying herself for the part of the plan that did go correctly.

       "Loki, now!"