Chapter nine - A present for you

Perrie's POV (about two months later)

I was with Jade and we were at the mall. Jesy had to visit her sister who was sick, and Leigh-Anne was out with her boyfriend. 

"Oooh... you should get these earrings Jade," I suggested to Jade. We were at an accessory store. Jade smiled at observed the earrings.

Then she looked at its price tag and slowly walked away. I laughed. "Why are the earrings here so expensive? They're earrings, not a car!" Jade whined. I smiled at her cuteness.

We exited the store and kept walking. All of a sudden, Jade found another shop and pulled me inside it. That's what Jade usually does. 

"A birthday present for my brother!" Jade squealed and grabbed a book from the store's shelf. "Jade... it's a prank book," I reminded her.

"I know. I want to prank Karl on his birthday," Jade told me mischievously. She took a look at the price tag and put it back on the shelf. "Too much?" I asked Jade. She nodded and sighed. "Too much for just a book," she murmured.

She looked around for a happy birthday card for her brother. I looked around as well, until something caught my eye. It was a huge teddy bear and it reached just above my waist. I walked over to it.

It was golden yellow and it was holding a card on one hand while holding a bouquet of flowers in the other. I opened the card to see what was inside. It read a cute little love message. Around the bear's neck, was a beautiful golden necklace that says "I love you."

It looked perfect. "Wow that's a perfect bear," said a voice behind me. It was Jade. "I know," I breathed.

"You should get it," Jade suggested. "Really?" I asked. She nodded. "For Jesy. It'll be so cute. She'll love it," Jade convinced.

"It's so expensive though," I sighed. The price tag was next to the bear in huge black letters. Jade shrugged. "So what? People do anything for love," Jade sighed happily, placing a hand on her heart.

I giggled. "Okay," I agreed. I couldn't just pick it up and bring it to the front counter, so I called a worker for assistance.

"Excuse me, I would like to purchase this bear..." I explained to the lady as politely as possible. Her name tag read 'Priscilla.' What a posh name. She smiled at me. 

"Of course! But you do know that this is a present you would give to someone you love, right?" she asked me. I nodded. "I know," I replied.

"Well, this is a present that the male would give to his girlfriend or wife. Not really the female giving it to her boyfriend," she continued. I nodded.

"I know. But I don't have a boyfriend. I'm giving this to my girlfriend," I explained. Priscilla raised her eyebrows and smiled. "Girlfriend?" she questioned.

I nodded. "So you're a lesbian?" she asked me. "Bi-sexual," I answered. She paused for a while and stared at me. It was so awkward.

"What's her problem?" Jade whispered. I shrugged. Then Priscilla threw back her head and laughed. 

"Uh... are you alright?" I asked her. She stopped laughing. "Of course! But like, you have a girlfriend!" she giggled. 

Jade and I shared looks with each other and turned back to her. "Is that a problem?" Jade asked her, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... if you're bi, I'm not going to sell this bear to you," she said seriously. "What? Why not?" I asked her.

"You're asking why not? It's only because you have a girlfriend! What a waste of the teddy bear! I'm sorry, but I am strictly against homosexuals. If you want a present for your girlfriend, leave the store now. You won't be going anywhere with that bear," Priscilla firmly explained.