"You disgust me," Loki's voice faded as Bronen took his true form, venom dripping from the words on his lips. She wanted nothing more than to stand and face the man that helped raise her, but she knew she wouldn't heal from a wound like this. "All you had to do was leave and let me kill the King."

He pointed the blade down at her as he walked slowly and instead of moving herself backwards, her hands shot up, circle the sharpness of her blade. Blood dripped her wrists from the shear force in which she held it, but she mustered up any energy she had and watched as Eiri dissappeared into thin air.

"You'll still die," he laughed down at her before his leather boots jarred her cheek bone. "Just like your father. Just like your mother."

She refused to satisfy his rage with words and instead just stared at him as he stared down at the mess of white and crimson. Athelia knew her time had come and didn't fight it as Bronen dropped down over her and circled his fingers around her neck.

"I should have killed you the day she ripped you from you from your mother's womb," he growled at her. "But she had to have you. She had to make sure her darkness would plague this world forever."

Bronen watched her as her blue eyes shifted back and forth between the darkness and the light. Athelia struggled against him. Her bloody hands wrapped tightly around his wrists, but her efforts were proving to be pointless as he pressed his knee into her wounded stomach. Her screams we're choked back by her own blood and he was not strong enough to fight him.

"Your time has come, dear Athelia," he seethed. He pulled her forward and smashed her soul against the marbled floor, knowing that the more she bleed, the more susceptible to damage she became. "Do you have any last words?"

She pulled at his hands with all the strength she had left and he smiled, finally letting her words fall freely from her bloody lips.

"I am sorry uncle," she choked as she grabbed hold of his hand. There fingers slid together as she tried to pull herself up towards him and his smile faltered as she struggled to sit. "Im so sorry."

"Apologies won't save your soul Athelia," he whispered as he leaned forward, resting her back down. "There is no place in Valhalla for people like us."

"I know," she whispered, before driving a small dagger deep into his chest. It was as if he had seen it coming as he did not pull away or fight against her. His hand wrapped tightly around hers and her smiled as his ageless form began to fade away.

"You're too late Athelia," he chuckled, blood spattering across her cheeks. "Malekith is already here and with Odin's death, she will be free and Ragnarok will ravage this world."

"Who will be?"

"The Goddess of Death," he choked, finding it hard to hold himself up, but her trembling arm reached out and held him up the best she could as she plucked the dagger from his chest and held it to his throat. "Killing me won't stop it Athelia."

"Maybe not," she growled at him as she pushed herself away from him. She held her hand against her stomach as a numbness began to spread through her, but it did not stop her from one last blow. "But my father is dead because of you and though it may not bring him back," she pushed the dagger slowly into his throat, "it still feels... really... good."

She watched his body fall limp in her hand and she pulled away slowly, watching his blood drip from her fingers, mixing with the wet stains of her own blood. The panic she had pushed away came flooding back and the reality of her dire situation fueled her forward.

"Athelia!"

Hey vision gazed as both of the princes called to her. Thor held his hand tight in the midst of battle as he watched his bloody wife fall to get knees, clutching her stomach as if she was holding herself together. Everything stopped in that moment and his eyes fell to his brother who was burning his hands as he tried to punch his way from his cell, but with a loud groan from Athelia and wave of her dripping hand Loki's shield shattered into thousands of small pieces allowing him to grab her tight and pull her into his lap.

Thor only saw red, unaware of what had happened but as he ran closer he saw Bronen lying in a bloody mess behind them.

"Get away from her," Thor demanded. He held his hammer at his brothers head, but Loki's hand were glowing green around Athelia's stomach as he tried desperately to get the bleeding to stop. "I said -"

"Thor she's dying," he snapped at him. Loki looked up at his older brother, his green eyes reddened with anger.

Thor shook his head, refusing to accept that the Goddess he had just wed was wasting away and dropped his hammer as he knelt down next to her and gripped her hand tightly. She was out of it, but she felt no pain and spoke no words as Thor squeezed her hand tightly.

"What happened?" Thor asked, looking to his brother. "I thought she couldn't die."

"He stabbed her with her own blade." Loki seethed, pulling his hands away. He couldn't tell how bad it was and against Thor's insistence, he ripped open her wedding dress, revealing a a burnt black wound with a darkness that spread the veins around it. "She's not healing."

Athelia coughed as she tried to speak, her blue eyes fighting against the white haze. "He's here," she managed to sputter before clenching her teeth as Loki tried to use his magic on her once more.

"Loki stop, you're hurting her."

Loki shook his head violently. "I'd rather hurt her than watch her die." He snapped, trying once again as a small whimper escaped her lips.

"Go," Athelia begged as she looked up at Thor. "The king..."

"I don't understand?" Thor reached down and pushed the bloody strands from her face and helped her up gently, so that she wouldn't choke on the blood that pooled in the back of her throat.

"Malekith," she choked and Thor looked at Loki in anger, as if it was somehow his fault. "Thor you have to - you have to save them."

"Who?"

"Everyone," she cringed and her shaky hands wrapped around his. "Please."

"Brother I will take care of her," Loki promised as the world above them rumbled. Dust and small bits of debris fell upon them and both of the princes shielded her as one of the warriors behind them started shouting for everyone to get to throne room.

Thor and Loki gave each other a knowing look and Look promised he would be here when he returned. He didn't want to leave her, but he bent down and kissed her gently on the forehead, before turn away from the two of them.

He couldn't help but glance back as Loki moved up, taking his place. His hands cupped around Athelia's face as he begged her to stay with him. Thor knew then, that what he had thought he knew to be true as he Loki bent down and gently placed his lips to her hers and made her promise that she wouldn't leave him like this.