Best Early Birthday Ever

After all our grinding, we had reached level 40. I could see stars next to our names, which must have meant something. I just don't know what. We arrive back home at Lute Village, learning that Naofumi had won the race. We enter the village easily, and I head home. "Hey honey." I greet Lauren.

"Welcome back, dear. How was grinding?" She asked.

"Good." I reply, and lounge on the couch.

"Hey, no getting lazy. Go wash Celica, the girl is filthy." Lauren orders me.

"Aww, okay." I agree, and get up. I lead Celica to the barn, then realize something. "Are you sure you want me to wash her?! I'd be seeing her naked!" I shout across the yard.

"What?! Never mind! I'll wash her! You cook!" Lauren shouts back, and we swap places.

She was cooking chicken. Yum. I start to cook the chicken, and start to think about tomorrow. Tomorrow is the big day. Amy's birthday, which I talked about before. I'm giving her a dragon, and Lauren is giving her something I don't even know about. "I wonder what it is..." I mutter to myself.

"What what is?" Amy asked, suddenly getting behind me.

I yelp in surprise, and look behind her. "Nothing. Not at all." I lie.

"Dad, you're a bad lier." Amy sighs.

"I know that, but this is something important. Don't worry about it." I say, and push her out of the kitchen. "I know, why don't you go bond with Ryuk?" I ask.

"Oh, okay." Amy agrees, and goes into the barn, where Ryuk is. I sigh, and continue to cook.

Amy's perspective

As I was making my way to the barn, I was thinking about what dad told me. Something important? Was he talking about the Waves? I mean, it's likely, since he's a hero and everything. I should do something to make him feel relaxed tomorrow. Maybe a day off would be nice for him. Just the family.

I enter the barn, and see mom washing Celica. "Hey mom. Celica." I greet them.

"Oh, hello honey. Did you need something? Did Austin burn the chicken?" She asked.

"No, I'm just here to see Ryuk." I tell her.

"Oh, Daisy took him out to play. They might be in the open range." Mom tells me.

"Oh no..." I mutter, and run out to make sure Daisy was okay. When I get to the open range, I see Daisy on Ryuk's back, riding the dragon. I sigh in relief, and go over to them. "Daisy." I call.

"Huh? Hi Amy! Look! I'm on a dragon!" She says happily.

"I can see that. Did you have fun?" I ask.

"Yup!" She replies with a nod and smile on her face.

"Hey, how about we go for a ride?" I ask her.

"Where to?" Daisy asked.

"Anywhere you want." I say.

"Hm... Oh! Let's go to the capital!" Daisy suggests.

"The Capital...? Why?" I ask.

"Daddy says you're at level 40, and your EXP bar won't go up. Maybe we ask about that somewhere there." She says.

"Well...I don't know if we can make it back by dinner." I say.

"We can if Ryuk runs really, really fast!" Says Daisy.

"Well, what do you think, Ryuk?" I asked. He looks at me, then nods. I smile, and jump onto his back after moving Daisy back a bit. "Hold on then." I say, and take off with Ryuk.