The Beginning

Howdy! The name's Austin. I'm just your standard American otaku from Texas who buys lewd body pillows of my waifus. I'm not lonely. No, seriously, I'm not. I have wife and kids. I'm on vacation from work, so I decided to take my family to Japan. I was sure they'd love it, and they do. Now, I'm sure this may sound a lil' far fetched, but I think I was just put into an isekai. And here's how.

I was visiting a book store with my family and check out some of the books they had. I found one that was called "Legend of The Four Heroes," so I take a quick peek through it. "Oh. So it's like that, huh? Sounds interesting." I say as I skim through the pages. Eventually though, I run into blank pages, as if the story wasn't done yet. "Huh? It's blank?" I wonder as my family comes by. Two daughters, by the way.

"Did you find something, dad?" My older daughter, Amy, asked me. She was 16 years old, and quite the smarty. She's ahead of her grade level by two years. "Found a good manga or light novel?" She jokes about my anime obsession. To be fair, she also loved anime just as much as I did, maybe more. But we always joke about that, so it was all in good fun.

"No, but I found this one." I show them the blank book I found.

"What did you do, daddy?" My youngest asked. She was 12, her name was Daisy. "Did you do this?" She asked, also teasing me.

"No, I didn't. I found it like this, Daisy." I correct her.

"Now now, let's not tease daddy. He worked really hard to get us here." My wife, Lauren says with a light giggle. The love of my life. I couldn't leave her if I tried.

I read the premise of the book to my family, and stop when it goes blank. "So cool...! Do you think you can be a hero, daddy...?!" Daisy asked excitedly.

"No, I don't think so. It sounds like a big responsibility, and I already have you ladies to take care of." I say. Suddenly, the book in my hands starts shining, and the surrounding around us began to change. The bookshelves grew in height, still bathed in light.

When the lights fade, we look around. It looks like we're still in a bookstore, but not the same one. I'm the corner of my eyes, I see two bars. A green bar, and a blue bar. Below those, my name is stated. "Austin Parch," it said, and Daisy tugs my shirt. "Daddy? What happened? There are bars in my eyes." She says.

"I...don't know myself." I say. We still had our clothes on, and the bookstore we're in now seems old, ancient even.

"You don't think we were sucked into the book, do you?!" Amy asked, freaking out.

I look down in my hand, and the book is gone. I must've dropped it. "This whole thing sounds like a bad isekai plot." I mutter.

"Isekai...? Austin, we've been put into an isekai." Laura says hastily, panicking.

"That's not possible, is it?!" I ask.

"Yeah! Anime's not real!" Amy agrees with me.

"But we're here now, so that's the only explanation!" Lauren shouts back.

"Mommy's right! We're in an...ise-isekei." Daisy says.

"Isekai, Daisy. It mean another world." Amy corrects her.

I decide to walk out and look around to confirm our suspensions. It was true. Everything was different! Everything was medieval and stuff! I hold my hand up, and a menu appears in my palm. "Class: Villager?" I wonder, and my family does the same. They were also Villagers. "All villagers, report to the castle. All villagers, report to the castle. A trial is starting soon." A man says, and drags us to the castle.

The Shield Hero was apparently charged with sexual assault on a girl, and was being punished for it. Of course, there was no trial by jury, and the young man was sentenced to be executed. But he was let off because of his status as a Hero. Instead, he was stripped of his money, and was forced out of the castle.

Hours later, we informed the king that we had no home, and he instructed us to go west, to Lute Village. They'd provide hospitality, money, and support until we were on our own feet in this unknown world.

When we get there, escorted by the Sword Hero, we were given a free room and some money. We owned a farm in Texas, as we knew our way around with farming and agriculture. We volunteer to help them in exchange for this world's currency. Thus is the start of our new life in this new world.