she spends twenty minutes of silence working until finn comes out from the bathroom. pajama pants rested to his hips, his naked torso still occasionally beaded with drops of water.

he gets under the sheets next to violet, resting his head to her shoulder; watching what she was doing on her screen.

"how is it going?"

"fine i think, what do you think of this?" she pulls up a digital spread of a mens collection.

she looks down to him as he inspects, almost seeming to hesitate.

"just be honest."

"honest?" he looks up to her, she nods gently.
"you amaze me with everything you do."

her eyes roll gently,
"you're just saying that."

"i'm serious!" he defends, sitting up to be level with her.
"you're so talented violet, theres no way he wont choose you."

"if he does." she closes her laptop, setting it aside as she stares to his dark eyes.
"will you model it for me?"

"absolutely." he smiles gently, pressing his lips to hers.

"you're serious?"

"yeah." he nods, his eyes studying her own.
"i'm serious."

"whats malcolms fiancee like?"

"what?" he chuckles.

"i mean, is she cute? i need a female model, and i know thats not aylas kind of thing."

"shes cute but, you don't want her around."

"why not?"

"cause you don't like her?" he laughs.

"what do you mean i don't like her? i haven't met her yet."

his eyebrows furrow,
"you don't know?"

confusion smears to her face,
"what?"

"malcolms engaged to maddie."

violets eyes widen, looking away from finn as she processes.
"maddie? from tennessee? your ex?"

"yep."

"wha- that doesn't bother you?"

"of course it does. well, it did but; he's happy and im not ever going to be with her again. so if it was meant for them then thats what it is."

she sighs,
"i guess i'll force ayla into it then."

finn chuckles,
"invite her over to the apartment one night and feed her food, she'll say yes."

violet sighs, a different topic weighing on her.
"i think i should start looking for my own place again when we get home."

finns heart drops to his stomach, swallowing harshly in worry.
"is- is something wrong?"

"no, finn." she smiles, her hands wrapping around his arm.
"its just, that was the deal when i moved out there. and despite what you say, i know its tough to suddenly live with someone after living on your own for so long."

"i don't want you to leave me." he pouts, holding onto her.
"but i want you to do what you feel you need to."

she sighs, feeling the decision weighing on her. she reaches over to switch off the light, laying down in the darkness.

finn pulls her close to him, in fact they couldn't be closer. his fingers brush through her hair as violet smiles to him in the dark.

"just, worry about it when we get home, baby. berlin isn't a place for worries."

she tells him that she loves him, holding him close in the dark for she hated the thought of leaving him.

he hated the thought of her leaving him.

which was why that next day would bring nothing but terror in his life;

and he would never recover.

1150 wc